Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Honeydiip Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Exercises for abs
    I am 14 years old and I want to know what types of exercises are good for gaining abs. How much of them do you have to do in a week? And how long it takes to see an effect?
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Feb 8, 2007, 09:52 PM
    You didn't mention if you are at the right weight for your age! Or what kind of shape you are in now. But I will assume that you are in pretty good shape. You should be seeing results within 8 weeks if you do daily crunches. (or situps) Do as many as possible the first time till you can't do anymore. Sometimes its easier to just set a goal and tell yourself you will try to hit a number like 30. Then rest for a few seconds and then try to repeat for 3 reps. If your muscles are sore the next day, then skip that day and repeat the following day. After the 1st week see if you are able to add 10 situps to your routine. Shoot for a least 3 days a week and then add days if you are able. Each week add 10 more situps to your reps. Girls do not get the same kind of abs as boys but they should look pretty good anyway if you are able to build up a routine. Add some leg lifts to work the lower abs. -- Ace
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Feb 25, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Remember don't overdue it. Go every other day, because continual break down isn't good without recovery. Doing them every day even if you are in a lot of pain isn't going to help you at all. You can send me a private message if you want the ab workout I do.

Just do what you can do, and don't be afraid to push yourself, but if you do push yourself, don't be dumb about it, make sure you aren't overdoing it.
    Wickedloveliesx Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 09:38 PM
    Super man you lay Don on your stomach and your arms and legs should not be touching le ground
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Mar 30, 2013, 04:03 PM
    The best ab exercise are the ones that force your abs to do what they are suppose to do-stabilize your spine. Crunches and sit ups are quite inferior compared to exercised like planks, pull down planks, side planks, off balance planks, over head squats, swiss mountain ball climbers, cable wood choppers. I work my abs three times a week and when you start noticing them depends on other factors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing glued ABS fitting to ABS piping [ 5 Answers ]

I glued an ABS toilet flange to ab ABS pipe roughing. The fitting did not go down all the way and is 1/2" proud of the tile flooring. I now want to remove the fitting and replace with a new fitting. How do I do it without damaging the receiving pipe. Pipe is in concrete floor. Thanks, Bob

Home Exercises [ 6 Answers ]

For several months, I was taking a 30-45 minute walk around my neighborhood as my exercise for the day. However, it is now too cold out for me to do that. I would like to know what kind of exercise I can do in the house to substitute for the walking that does not involve spending money. There is...

Tummy toning and exercises [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 5'6" 19 years old and 135-140 pounds. I'm not looking to loose a ton of weight or anything but I was wondering what exercises can be done to flatten your belly... I don't feel overweight I just want to have a nice toned mid-driff... could you also tell me how they are done (the exercises) thank...

Exercises to do when you are overweight [ 3 Answers ]

My sister is very overweight around the middle but her back stops her from doing sit ups , she can't walk more than about 20 steps and she has to stop. She had back surgery 2 years ago and she is still in pain. She is 58 yrs old and has had panic attacks and anxiety attacks when you least expect...

Quadracep Exercises [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to strenghthen my quads using an at home exercise. I don't have access to a gym. Any suggestions? Thanks. >>>Marco

View more questions Search