Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Teacherf Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Husband and wife filing separate
    How can I file separate from my husband on my taxes.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Hello again, Teach:

There is a place on the return where you check that you're MARRIED but filing Separately. You can't miss it.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2007, 05:59 PM
    I would advice doing it both ways, depending on the income, deductions, it can vary. Although mine has always worked out better as married, I still have it done both ways just to check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife horny, husband not so much. [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I are both 34 and have been married 14 1/2 yrs (together 17). I am finding that I am needing my husband to touch me sexually somehow everyday or I feel he doesn't want me. Or I think to myself wow it's been a week or whatever and we haven't had sex and I think maybe he doesn't want...

Good Wife, Jealous husband... What do I do? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 21 yrs old, my husband 24 1/2. We've known each other since I was in high school and 3 yrs ago we decided to make it official and begin a serious relationship. We married after two yrs in the relationship. We now have a 9 month old beautiful daughter. It all sounds perfect up until I begin to...

Filing Taxes for myself (H1) and my wife (h4) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tax Experts, I am married and entered into USA on April 2006. My wife joined me in June 2006. I want to file my Tax for the time I was in USA? 1. Do I need to file ITIN for my wife first? Or I can do it when I am filing for my Tax? 2. Do I have to file as dual-status return for both of us?...

Filing Taxes for myself (H1) and my wife (h4) [ 1 Answers ]

In one of your previous replies you had said that for filing taxes with person with H1 and wife with H4. "Yes, she will need an ITIN. Download a W-7 from www.irs.gov, fill it out, have you wife sign it and attach a notarized copy of her passport to the W-7. Attach both to your joint tax return...

Wife wants to separate [ 7 Answers ]

We were married in the USA. We lived in the USA for 3 years. We lived in France for 3.5 years. I returned to the US in January to find work as did not find much in France. I have secured a good job now. My wife does not want to move to the USA but instead wants to separate. What are the...

View more questions Search