Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nmushen Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Jan 29, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Graphic Design
    Hello my name is Nancy.

The past year I decided to change careers. I have a BFA and I have decided to study Graphic Design on my own. I am completing some entry level classes in Tampa, FL in Adobe CS2.

I know have to try and find a entry level graphic design job. Does anybody have any work or know anybody who is hiring?

Thank you

Nancy
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jan 29, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Look to commercial printing companies and advertising agencies. The bigger ones are sometimes willing to take on "apprentices". It will help to amass a portfolio of sorts too. If you are at a loss for items to put in it, offer your talents to places (like nonprofit outfits and starter businesses) non gratis that could use your help and then include those as your starter pieces in your portfolio. I once got hired by a big client based on a very casual flyer I threw together for a housecleaning service for a neighbor's girl LOL Good luck!

Jan 29, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Thank You for your suggestions!
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Feb 1, 2007, 08:16 PM
    I am a fully qualified designer and the best advice I can give you is to start your own business or move to a large city. I work at a small sign shop in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada. Sign shops are great if you get a good boss like mine and you get to do different jobs. I do designing for vinyl and digital graphics for signs and vehicles and I also design for a laser. I am learning to operate a router with my design capabilities as well. I am also involved in the truck aspect of my job installing these signs. Few designers get to do that though. My company also paints and refurbishes old cedar signs too so my fine art skills get used too. Digital photography is a great skill to learn as well. Best of luck to you in your future career. Remember, the true muse of the artistic designer is fun.:cool:

Feb 1, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Thank you for the advise anything helps. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graphic/Game Design School [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is victor, I have been searching online for a school that gives out degrees and teaches you about graphics and digitial/game design. I was going to try out itt techincal institute. But I heard a lot of places don't accept there degrees cause of the low education.. don't ask me...

Graphic software... [ 6 Answers ]

May I ask you guys... I'm having problem with adobe and corel ruler... their measurements are not exact in a real ruler... how can I fix it... :confused:

Graphic Video Cards [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MDG Pentium4 Vision 4000 tv/computer. It has 512 ram and a 160g hard drive. I have tried to play PC games such as, Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings and could not install them on my system. I cannot afford an expensive graphics card, but I want a card that will at least play all the...

Eudora graphic failures [ 1 Answers ]

Using Eudora 5.9, I have frequent incoming messages containing graphics which show only a Red X in a box... somtimes I can 'hover' and read a jpg file name and it will be in the "attach'' folder... other times it will not be there. Also, there are frequent occasions when the graphics are a bunch...

View more questions Search