Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skylude52 Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 01:11 PM
    I am really interested in becoming a more regular bowler.
    I am really interested in becoming a more regular bowler. From my understanding it is much better to have your own ball. I also really want to start throwing a spin but I have a hard time with 16lb balls. Are there any recommendations for what ball to get and how to start learning to throw a curve/spin?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2011, 01:39 PM

As for a ball, most alleys ( in fact all that I have gone to) have balls of all sorts of weights that are used. Find the weight that works or feels good for you.

Next the pro shop where you would ( or should) be buying your ball will properly size your hand for the holes to be drilled.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2011, 10:07 PM

Join a league. There are all class of bowlers in the leagues. This will give u a set time to practice each week and u will meet a lot of people that can help u.

Go to pro shop in alleys and the pro will help u select a ball type and weight that will work for u.

My recommendation is to try a finger tip drilling. This will give u the most lift for a hook ball.

The cover stock of a ball will determine if the ball will hook and how much. When talking to the pro tell him what u want the ball to do. 90% of hook is in the ball, only about 10% is in your hand.

Have the pro give u a few lessons to get u started.

As u bowl more, u will find what is best for u.

Good luck

Chuck
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2011, 10:19 PM

What I did was start with a lightweight ball at the alley where I had joined a league. I learned on the lightweight ball how to put a spin on it, then moved to heavier and heavier balls and did the same with each of them. There are probably YouTube videos that demonstrate how to get a spin going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't get this girl! Interested or not interested! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I think I need some help on this one. I met 2 months ago a girl. She is studiyng away from home (in my city) and so she doesn´t know anyone except me and my friends. Suddenly I was spending my free time alone with her, we went out, lunch, dinner... all that type of things... and in...

Just your regular voter. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: I'm a wonk. I live, eat and breathe politics. You guys do too. I heard a statistic on the news today that 1 in 3 voters have YET to make up their minds. Wow. If they haven't made up their minds by now, what is the game changer going to be? Will it be a TV commercial? A personal...

AP or regular? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it better to get a "B" or "C" in AP English or an "A" in regular English?

Regular periods [ 1 Answers ]

I havean exact every 28 day cycle. Lmp 9/11/08. Administered 2 at home pregnanct test the first one a dollar tree test and the second an equate test both tests were negative. I feel as though my period is here, I have cramping sharp pains in my vagina and wetness a lot of discharge white cloudy...

Periods too regular [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 13 and I've had regular periods for about 2 years but all of a sudden I'm getting it 8 days apart and the bleeding doesn't really stop? What should I do

View more questions Search