Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drsintel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 09:43 AM
    Ford f250 diesel 6.0 overheating problem
    We have a 2005 ford super duty f250 6.0 turbo diesel I have an overheating problem while towing even when I am towing lite loads like our small boat, Usually it runs in the normal range during day to day driving, but the other day it was 104 here and it started to get a bit hot did not over heat but ran hotter than normal. We do not drive this truck often and primarily use it for towing etc it has 77,000 miles. Any ideas, ford was no help at all.

Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2011, 12:13 PM

Drop and clean the pan and magnet, change the filter, and refill with Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. It's best to drain the converter and transmission cooler, too. This should allow the engine and transmission, which cools through the radiator, to run much cooler.
    drsintel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 05:51 PM
    Thank you I will try it, the transmission temp gauge never has run above temp, but ill try it and see if that makes the difference. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford diesel engine problem? - Ford E350 van 96 (diesel) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a Ford E350 van bus 96 (diesel) used for the transport of a church. The bus turns on but does not move, it moves very slowly as if I had some clogged filter or as if it were not pumping well. And you change the filter and checked several things and still continues with the ruling. I...

Ford F250 Diesel [ 8 Answers ]

How do I change the head in my Ford F250 diesel?

Ford f250 diesel problem [ 0 Answers ]

My 2003 6.0 diesel is getting some kind of power surge. Ill be driving along and all of a sudden its like I give it more throttle... just wants to accelerate on its own. It doesn't constantly do it. It may do it then 25 or 30 miles later it will do it again. Was wondering what would cause something...

86 ford f250 diesel problems [ 1 Answers ]

My 86 diesel will idle ruff and die when I slow down. I think I ran it low on oil once. How do I fix this problem.

View more questions Search