Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    withhope2010 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 08:57 AM
    Regarding Car Registration and Car Insurance (Quebec, Canada)- Urgent
    We live in Quebec, Canada. Is it possible for a senior citizen, who had her 23 yr. old car picked up for scrap, and is no longer with a license, still able to have another car (new) registered to her name, but have another family member be the main driver of the automobile? My 83 yr.old Mother had her license temporarily suspended and was asked by the police to go for a driving test. In the meantime, her old car was recently picked up for scrap. Since 2010, I have been driving a 2009 car that she purchased - is registered in her name, but I am the only sole driver. Is it possible for her to still have the car (which she owns) registered in her name even though she no longer has her license (she will no longer be driving - not going for the driving test), but for me to be the basic sole driver of this car? Thank you!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2011, 09:15 AM

My research shows both "yes" AND "no." The people to ask are in Quebec - here is the link: Vehicle Owner | SAAQ.

Another problem appears to be obtaining auto insurance. I can't find a company that will insure someone in Quebec who does not have a license.

Why are you continuing to drive the car in your mother's name? The answer appears to be to register the car in your name. This also removes her from any possible liability if you have an accident.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My "predicament" regarding registration and auto insurance for a new car - help! [ 8 Answers ]

Urgent. I am going about a new car tomorrow, but I have a predicament! My Mother (a senior) is purchasing the new car, and it will be registered in her name, but I will be the sole driver - and the car will be mine. I will be repaying her monthly. She has a car which she seldom drives, and when...

Car Accident Totaled My Car.. Insurance Paid Out Low Blue Book Can I? [ 2 Answers ]

I was rear-ended Recently That The Insurance called a total lost on my car.. The insurance company paid me out on the low blue book On My vehicle.. The other party's Insurance has not made contact with me... I have to purchase another vehicle... I found a vehicle to purchase but the cost is...

View more questions Search