Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ComicsFan11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 02:57 AM
    Modern Age CGC comics worth collecting?
    Is it worth it to collect modern age CGC comics? I know that older comics can be worth quite a bit of money but what about more recent ones? I enjoy collecting and reading comics but I don't want to spend a lot on CGC comics if they're not going to be worth much even years down the line. Thanks :)
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 07:32 PM
    When it comes to more recent comics, I've always liked the general guidance to purchase comics based simply on your personal tastes. Treat them with care, store them properly, and maybe they will be worth something to someone in the future.

Older aged books are a different story. Unfortunately, their returns for the entire trading market are more easily affected by such things as current pop activity, like the popularity of movie and TV properties, when compared to other collectibles like coins, stamps or Elvis collectible plates. :)

Blog post: "Are new comics a good investment?"

IMG Credit

Personally, I would dabble in the Silver and Bronze Age at first because some of the earlier periods will be lower, and, I love these times - of course it always ends up having to do with childhood memories.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Web Comics [ 0 Answers ]

Hey, I read through web comics pretty quick, and I'm looking for some more comics to read, ones that are like Two Kinds. http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=1 or anything else of that quality, if not better. I will read just about anything, as long as its of good quality. And if it's a...

What is the statue of limitations for the age of collecting child support [ 8 Answers ]

I applied for child support in the IL for my son when he was 7. His father lives in LA. I provided all the information I knew about him including place of employment, parent's & syblings, city where he live, etc. The only thing I didn't have was his S.S.#. My son just turned 21 a few weeks ago. His...

How much are the Marvel Comics worth today [ 1 Answers ]

I have several different comic books some are Marvel Comics different age groups and some are Star Wars Episode 1. just wonder what the are worth

How do I find the age and worth of baby grand chas stieff piano, ser #36518? [ 1 Answers ]

My mom has a baby grand piano.. she is curious the age and worth. It is a chas stieff, the serial # is 36518. She has owned it for about 33 years, hardly used. Out of tune.

View more questions Search