Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Atraitys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Kenmore (80 series) washing machine won't fill or finish filling?
    Water is NOT an Issue, the water just keeps on coming, but it never seems to get to the level to begin washing. It just drains out, nothing else, no spin cycle, no agitation, etc...

Help..
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 26, 2011, 04:12 PM

Does this occur as the wash fills for the first time or only after the first cycle has completed?
    JimGu Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Jul 14, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Either you drain hose is lower than the maximum water level in the washer or it is sealed to the house drain; both of which will create a siphon and prevent the washer from filling properly. The drain hose should be inserted into a drain pipe which is at least the maximum height of the water in the washer when filled and should have air getting into the drain. If it is sealed and your setup requires it to be that way, you can purchase a siphon brake at a hardware store and solve the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My kenmore washing machine ultra fabric care 80 series will not fill up. [ 0 Answers ]

My kenmore washing machine ultra fabric care 80 series will not fill up with water. The water hardly runs out of the top to fill it up. How can I fix this?

Kenmore 70 series washing machine leaking when filling [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore 70 series washing machine will not fill. Water flows into the tub and then directly onto the floor. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should check? With a family of 7 I need this washer to work and can't take it in to get it fixed.

Kenmore washing machine series 80 water runs into tub but won't fill with water [ 0 Answers ]

Water just keeps running into tub nonstop and doesn't fill

Kenmore 70 series washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

Timer

Kenmore Washing Machine is draining while filling - stuck in cycle [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore 80 Series washing machine is 4 yrs old. It fills like it should but when it gets to a certain level for a large load, it starts to drain while its still filling. The water keeps filling and draining leaving it stranded in that cycle. If I change the load size to medium, it works fine....

View more questions Search