Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BRO1983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 02:43 PM
    I can't find a leak under my kitchen sink?
    A few days ago, I notice a rug in front of my sneak was very wet, upon opening my sink, I found a solid layer of waters. After cleaning it up, I have used my sink plenty, running water for even 15 min straight, filling up both sides of my sink multiple times and draining it. I have noticed 1 drop under the sink, looked directly above it and have found nothing in terms of a crack or hole or anything. The only hint of change I have had, is I left my PUR water purifier faucet attachment switched on for 2 days (by accident), when I noticed this. I obviously turned it off and haven't had an issue. Any ideas of if my faucet purifier could have caused this? Please help. Thanks!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2011, 02:51 PM
    BRO, If the PUR attaches to the spout, it isn't likely the source unless it somehow leaks down the spout and under the faucet base. Dishwasher hose tightly connected? Fill the sink with the garbage disposal, if so equipped, and then open the drain plug and turn on the disposer. Look for any leaks. Other than that, make sure all under the sink fittings are tight.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Jul 3, 2011, 09:12 PM

Simple troubleshoot - take a section of toilet paper an tie around each plumbing joint. Wait a few days, and the wet one will tell you where the problem is. Do this on both pressure and drain lines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pipe leak underneath the kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, The pipe leaks between the black pipe and the copper pipe underneath the kitchen sink. When the faucet is turned on the water goes down the drain it leaks between the two. I think it would need to be saudered together?

Under Kitchen Sink Leak [ 6 Answers ]

http://parkcityx.com/ff/kitchensink.jpg I just found a leak under my kitchen sink, it was coming from the piece of hardware in my picture above that has the green arrow pointed at it. This is my cold water for my kitchen sink and I shut it off where I put the blue arrow. What is this that...

Can't find leak under kitchen sink [ 16 Answers ]

I've got a leak under the kitchen sink but can't figure out where it's coming from. I used the sink all day, hot and cold water, the sprayer attachment, and there didn't appear to be a leak. Left the sink alone all night, then checked in the morning, and there was a pool of water on the cabinet...

Leak under kitchen sink [ 7 Answers ]

I have a leak from the pipe that leads from the garbage disposal. I replaced the washer and it stopped, but as soon as I used the garbage disposal, it began to leak again. I have checked for any cracks and didn't find any.

Leak under Kitchen Sink [ 4 Answers ]

Can you please guide me on how to fix this leak under the kitchen sink. I have located the leak around the depressed rubber ring between the tailpiece and strainer. The picture 102_4160.JPG - DivShare Explains it clearly. Thanks.

View more questions Search