Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedgirl Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jan 29, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Alcohol tips
    Hey so, I was just wondering. How do you forget about things when you are drunk? Like a girl I know said you only completely forget everything if you pass out, and also how many drinks is too much? How do you help a friend if they are sick? And if you have any tips about alcohol, I would be happy to hear them. Thanxs
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Jan 29, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Alcohol affects different people in different ways. Some people do black out and have no memory of events even though they stay conscious throughout, although in my experience they are the minority.

There is no magical number of drinks that makes it 'too much.' Since this is in teens, I'd say that chances are, 1 drink is too many. All of the stuff that you're going through can get amplified by alcohol, and can quickly become overwhelming. Conversely, it may deaden the stress you're going through, but that's the road to dependence. And peer pressure is hard enough to deal with when sober and alert... adding alcohol to that just makes it more likely that you'll do something you don't actually want to do.

If a friend drinks to the point where they get sick, give them plenty of water. Tums or another antacid can get rid of much of the discomfort associated (although it won't stop the vomiting itself... a good thing, since you're specifically vomiting to eliminate a toxin in the stomach).

As for general tips:
    Drink plenty of water.
    Don't drink just for the thrill of drinking.
    Never drink to escape reality.
    Never drink to relieve stress.
    Never drink with people you don't trust.

There's a lot of stupid stuff you can do while drinking. For the most part, I've found that it's better to avoid drinking in most scenarios to avoid the temptation to get into any of that stupid stuff.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 29, 2007, 03:13 PM
    OK this is posted in the TEENS section.
    How old are you?

OK I found out for myself.
    You are only 14 as mentioned HERE!!

At this age consumption of alcohol will do your body serious harm, especially in the quantities you are thinking about in your question.

Now at 14 you should be thinking about other things, like SCHOOL!!

Hey, who am I to talk if you want to rot your brain and end up in the gutter with NO money or friends, then go right ahead.
    There is a time and a place for everything and it's called college.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Jeeeezzzz Confused Girl. You are only 14. Why are you even asking this question? Okay. I will try to answer this for you. Let me know if I am not clear or if there is a specific reason why you are asking this.

You don't always forget about things when you are drunk. Some people remember very well what they did. Some people have black outs and forget chunks of time. Everyone handles alcohol different due to age, weight in proportion to height, chemical make up of your body. Some people are allergic to it and react very badly to it. Some people die from drinking more than their body can handle. How many drinks are too much? For me, two drinks is too much. I can't handle alcohol. Makes me very sick. As I said, everybody reacts differently.

How do you help a friend that is sick from alcohol? I was about 16 when that happened to me. I will not get into the details but my friend became very ill. I called an ambulance. Then I called my parents. Then I called his parents. He was very mad at me at the time. But, he was very sick and he was my friend. I recently saw him at a reunion and he told me how happy he was that I cared enough and did the right thing for him at the time. We laughed about how mad he was at me. He also thanked me for being a real friend when he needed it and thought that if it wasn't for me he might have died that night.

My tip about alcohol is, don't drink it. It is bad for your health in the long run. It doesn't taste too good. The first time I tasted it, it tasted to me like the way rubbing alcohol smells. Pretty nasty to me. I would recommend, since it is illegal for you and your friends to drink, try to talk your friends out of doing something that could possibly kill them if they drink too much.

If you have specific questions or concerns or if there is something that prompted you to ask about this, please let me know.

All the best,.

Jan 29, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Let me just clear this up, I personaly have never gotten drunk I have tried wine at a family reunion and almost gaged, this girl I used to be friends with that had gotten drunk and told everyone the secrets that I told her. Now everyone knows about them, and she is using alcohol as an excuse. And I just wanted to know about other things because I am curious, and don't want to find out the hard way
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Jan 29, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Never allow alcohol to excuse anything that someone does. Even more importantly, if or when you decide to drink, never use it as an excuse for anything you say or do. When a person chooses to take the drink, they choose to take responsibility for everything that comes from that drink.

Jan 29, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Thank you, I completely agree.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Nosnosna is right.

In addition, just so you understand, alcohol lowers your inhibitions and winds up making you say and do things that you normally wouldn't do if you were sober. This friend of yours, although guilty, probably feels very, very badly that she let you down. But she should not use it as an excuse for such poor judgement on her part and betraying your confidence. No one forced her to drink. She chose to do this. She needs to understand that there are consequences to her actions and those might be the loss of your friendship.

Life lesson: Once said aloud in the presence of another person, a secret is no longer a secret.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 30, 2007, 01:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    OK this is posted in the TEENS section.
    How old are you ??

OK I found out for myself.
    You are only 14 as mentioned HERE !!!

At this age consumption of alcohol will do your body serious harm, especially in the quantities you are thinking about in your question.

Now at 14 you should be thinking about other things, like SCHOOL !!!

Hey, who am I to talk if you want to rot your brain and end up in the gutter with NO money or friends, then go right ahead.

There is a time and a place for everything and it's called college.
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedgirl
    disagrees: kinda judgemental, i was just curious and didnt want to find out the wrong way, no need for being rude
    Judgemental, yes, rude no, blunt most definitely!
    As your question wasn't particularly clear I answered as I would my own daughter if she asked the same question.

Everything I said is true, just because I didn't sugar coat it, you choose to take offence.
    Thats' your prerogative and your welcome to it.

What I don't really understand is why you choose to take offence if this question is truly related to "your friend" !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breastfeeding and alcohol [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering... I have a 7 month old who I am breastfeeding. I haven't had any alcohol of any kind (not that I ever drank much anyway) and my sisters want to take me out this weekend. I was wondering, now that he sleeps through the night am I able to go out and have like 4 drinks with them if...

Alcohol in cigarettes [ 8 Answers ]

Is there any alcohol in cigarettes?

Pregnant alcohol [ 8 Answers ]

My wife and I recently found out she's pregnant (just over a month). About two weeks ago we had a lot of wine with friends and my wife was very drunk. Now she is worried that it may affect the foetus. Any words of wisdom? All thoughts appreciated!

Alcohol: 70% or 99%? [ 1 Answers ]

For cleaning keyboards, door knobs/handles, table tops, etc. Which is better, the 70% or the 99%?

View more questions Search