Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swede10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Secondary credit card holder
    I recently applied for a credit card as the primary account holder with my father as a cosigner. I was declined due to my credit history (bankruptcy, late payments etc) Then we went to my fathers bank where we have an account. He is the primary account holder and I am listed as a co-member. He applied for a credit card with me also providing information. I asked the bank rep if he was the primary account holder. I was told yes. Does that make me a secondary holder, or an authorized user. Also, I know they will pull his credit, are they also going to pull mine as well?
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 29, 2007, 01:59 PM
    If they took all your vital information (name, address, birthdate, social security number) then you will be listed as a secondary card holder. And yes, if they took that information, then they will pull your credit as well. This may not affect your application if your father has been banking in the same place for a long time and he has really strong credit. They might make him set up a separate savings account to secure the card. If they do so, usually they will permit him to release the funds after a set period, usually 18-24 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Primary signer vs secondary card holder [ 7 Answers ]

I opened a credit card, me being the primary signer, and I basically allowed them to put my girlfirneds NAME onto another credit card, which would be the secondary card holder.. not CO-SIGNER on the credit account.. She made zero chares, and I maxed out the credit card and was unable to pay...

Secondary card holder [ 2 Answers ]

There were charges made on my card buy the secondary user. Payment were late and this went on my credit . Will the creditor allow the secondary card holder to take over entire account and take my name off if both card holders agree to this. Or can a judge order the credit card company to do this.

Secondary Card Holder vs. Co-Signer [ 4 Answers ]

I am a secondary card holder (NOT a co-signer) on my mother's credit card. The card has now been sent to debt collectors (she claims it is all my debt and I say that it is shared, but no one is paying on it). What type of impact does the bad debt have on my credit report? Can she take her name...

Credit card [ 2 Answers ]

Why would a credit card company offer to take a settlement of $4,700 on a debt of $29,000?

I Need Credit Card [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Credit Card To Purchase Some Books

View more questions Search