Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Riita Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 12:56 PM
    The Spells Bible By Anne-Marie Gallagher,Is it truthful?
    The Spells Bible: The Definitive Guide to Charms and Enchantments - Godsfield Bible Series
    By Ann-Marie Gallagher

Is it a good book? I'm not sure weather to get it or not as it mentioned love spells, and as a person whose thinking of converting to Wicca I'm still unsure of who to believe and who to not as some are frauds. And I've seen comments about love spells saying that this is Black magic and such, and as a beginnger whose eger to learn id rather not be lead in the wrong direction, any sugestions?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2011, 01:59 PM

Magic only has effect on those persons who are weak minded enough to believe it can control them.

As for as spells go, any are as good as others, since it relies on the person who it is being cast to react because they think it can effect them.

Next to most there is no difference in magic, and all is "black" since it used powers that are not of God.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 25, 2011, 05:43 AM
    My point exactly. Although, among witches, they consider a difference between white/black magic... one has to consider the source. It really is all black magic in truth because it operates outside of God's source. Be careful what you are searching for riita.
    amgallagher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 03:15 AM
    Well, as the author, I am bound to have an opinion on this! There is clearly misinformation in these answers - witches do not believe in black and white magic - magic is magic is magic. We see it all around us. Christians may see it in their God, witches see it everywhere. Our God/desses are within and around us and we are our own priests and priestesses.

Regarding magic; many witches believe that all things in existence have spirit and are connected with a great web we call God/dess. A conscious act of magic is where we weave a new pattern into the web, thoughtfuly, ethically and with intent. What happens next is what some people would see as a 'result'. Personally, I see the whole process as magical. As for it being 'all outside of God's source' - that person is entitled to their world view. But if that is not your world view, please be assured that magic works within the source - it is a part of everything.

Regarding the warnings about being careful - I note that one doesn't usually get dire warnings from Christians when you consider taking prayer into your own hands by praying, for example,for healing for a friend, peace of mind for yourself, family difficulties to turn out right; all things that you might consider doing a spell for.

Most educated people - including priests and ministers - now recognise Paganism generally and Wicca in particular as western nature religions - I am surprised to still be hearing these sort of misunderstandings.

Good luck with your search, whether you find your magic in Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Paganism or Atheism - just make sure it's your own spiritual path and not anyone else's! Blessings, Ann-Marie
    thetruth12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 08:32 AM
    A true medium does not do or indeed believe in spells etc...
    You may have to question the ethics of the author of this book... I am fortunate to know a few genuine psychic mediums that work along side government bodies and universities in the research of true psychic communications... the annoyance is these fraudsters are falsely conning money out of people by claiming to be Psychic.
    Absolutely rubbish.

Oct 8, 2012, 08:37 AM
    The spell bible... apparently this author is now portraying herself as a psychic medium.
    This is not a professional Psychic medium or a true one. Save your money.

Oct 8, 2012, 08:38 AM
    Big con... save your money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anne Frank! [ 4 Answers ]

If you have ever read the book of Anne Frank, can you please help me with the following questions? 1. When do the residents of the "Annexe" become hopeful? 2. What does Mrs.van Daan want to use the money from her fur coat for? 3. What do Anne's ups and downs revolve around? 4. How does Anne...

Anne tyler and j.d Salinger [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone think of similarities between those two authors??

Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling,Marie will you keep calling me [ 2 Answers ]

"Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling, Marie will you keep calling me" Every time the word"calling" is sung, it's held and rises. Any hints re anything? Title, artist, lyrics? Probably early 1950s.

Movies like Anne of Green Gables [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. I love movies like Little Woman... Anne of Green Gables and Sense and Sensibility.. Can U guys tell me more movies like that.. Thank you much!

Amelia Anne Stiggins books [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of a wonderful children's book called Amelia Anne Stiggins and the Green Umbrella?

View more questions Search