Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielak74 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Have the vent installed already
    Thanks for your respones speedball. A few years back we had some work done to the upstairs bathroom and had the vent exstended down to the basement. It's a 3inch pvc pipe that is sticking down from the upstairs floor and about 15 to 20 feet from where we are going to add the toilet and shower. The water is already there from a past sink that someone had hooked a toilet up to a sink sized pipe which we now know was wrong and have to put the proper size line in for the toilet, so I guess what I am trying to ask, is do we run a line for the shower to the larger pipe which would be the toilet then run it to the main line, with the air vent coming in right at the(T). Or do we hook the airvent up to the new toilet pipe we are running to the main line, before we hook it up to the main line? Wow I wish I could draw a picture.. lol Thanks -Dan-
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 29, 2007, 05:40 PM
    "Do we run a line for the shower to the larger pipe which would be the toilet then run it to the main line, with the air vent coming in right at the(T). or do we hook the airvent up to the new toilet pipe we are running to the main line, before we hook it up to the main line?"

If you can connect the shower to the vent before the toilet you can get away without having to run a separate vent for the shower. If not you will have to run a separate vent for the shower. If you would add a lavatory you could conne\ct the shower to the lavatory drain and be wet vented by it.
    Here's a typical bathroom rough in. Toilet connects to sewer main. The toilet wet vents through the lavatory vent. Lavatory connects to toilet drain and runs a vent out the roof or revents back into a dry vent in the attic off the top the stubout tee. The shower connects to the lavatory drain and is wet vented by it. This is a normal rough in and is acceptable both by local and state codes but also The Standard Plumbing Code Book. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laundry Pump vent hookup. How? - no vent access [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Laundry Tray Pump System connected to my wash tub in my fifteen year old townhome's basement. I was recently informed that it was not properly installed because I never connected the vent pipe from the pump. I had some one look at it and was told that the house's vent system (which...

Wet Vent Lav with Shower Vent [ 1 Answers ]

You mention many times that you can wet vent your shower by attaching it to your vented lav drain. Are there any problems doing it the other way around, venting your lav by attaching it to your vented shower drain?

Quickie Vent/In the wall Vent [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I had a leak in my basement coming from what I thought was the cold water line going up to a sink in the bathroom. I took the wall apart, exposed all of the pips and that was not the problem. I did find the leak though, I'll try to explain it: 1. The waste line going down to the basement...

Connecting dryer vent to bathroom vent? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know if I can connect my dryer vent to my bathroom vent using a t-connection? Thanks Me

Dry vent used as wet vent [ 7 Answers ]

I have a basement bathroom and an upstairs bathroom... speedball1 you stated in one of your questions answered "Yes, but you must realize that once you drain the fixtures from the upstairs bath into it that it will no longer be a vent from that point down . It then becomes a stack and every...

View more questions Search