Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RahulShinde89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 04:45 AM
    How many days to learn php ? As I know well html, CSS & basic of mysql Please tell me
    Please help me !
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2011, 06:59 AM

How many days to learn something will vary for every person. It'll depend a lot on how much you apply yourself and also how much of an understanding of it you consider qualifies as learning it.
    rlerne Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 10:26 PM
    There is no time to effectively learn something. I've been a programmer since 1992 (started pretty young), and moved to web development (PHP, xHTML, CSS, XML, Javascript, etc) in 2005. I'm still learning new facts every day. Ways to increase security, different functions, etc. Mind you, I also spend hours each day reading through the function reference on php.net.

For the most part, however, I don't really find many PHP books to teach any real-world skills, just code samples with an explanation. I've bought over 20 PHP books to try and find one that taught more advanced concepts, and even that one was rather elementary, or the advanced concepts were useless.

A good place to start is here: http://robert-lerner.com/server.php

This will help you get a server running with MySQL and PHP, which you should use to build up the skill set.

I would give it two years of consistent usage before you can consider yourself able to use PHP to accomplish things you need, but more time to make secure, enterprise-driven applications. Obviously your experience may differ, depending on your technical know-how.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need PHP/MySQL help, for opensource [ 1 Answers ]

I am using PHP Point of Sale, and I need a simple function added to the sales form. REF: PHP Point Of Sale In the file /sales/sale_ui.php I need to add a date/time function to post to the MySQL database. And then print or echo so that the information is physically printable for the EU, but...

DB by php & mysql [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a best friendly and easy Administrative front-end Database using PHP & MySQL. I found these two in the net "AppGini" & "DaDaBIK". Do you suggest another software/application other than the above mentioned? You support appreciated on this matter...

PHP, MySQL, apache l [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install php5, the latest version of apache webserver and the latest version of mysql on a windows xp sp2 laptop. I also want to use Zend dev environment to write my php. I can install php4 and apache 1.3.3 with zend, and everything works fine. The problem is I'm trying to use...

Php, apache, mysql [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install php5, the latest version of apache webserver and the latest version of mysql on a windows xp sp2 laptop. I also want to use Zend dev environment to write my php. I can install php4 and apache 1.3.3 with zend, and everything works fine. The problem is I'm trying to use...

Css vs. Html [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I thought there was a thread onthis but I couldn't find it. I wanted to know when I should use CSS and when I should use HTML? I noticed websites that are using CSS are still using HTML, psecifically tables, to do some of there layout. I thought that was a no, no since CSS came out. I am...

View more questions Search