Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muttkat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 12:36 AM
    Do wood boring beetles leave round damaged holes in your attic wood beams?
    I have infestations of various insects in my all wood frame house. I'm trying to figure the different types of damaged wood. I'm familiar with the drywood and subterranean termite wood damage but not the actual wood damage of beetles.
    Do you have any home remedies for any of the above?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2011, 08:57 AM
    Old house or powder post beetles leave very fine sawdust and a hole less than a BB size. Carpenter bees bore a hole almost 1/2" and leave lot of sawdust. Carpenter ants usually don't leave much sawdust but are big and black. Fumigation for powder post is usual as there tends to be many holes. For bees, spray malathion or liquid sevin in the holes, roll some OO steel wool in caulk and push in the hole. Carpenter ants are more difficult but you usually need to find out where they are entering and then use malathion or liquid sevin and caulk the holes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do wood boring beetles leave round damaged holes in your attic wood beams? [ 0 Answers ]

I have infestations of various insects in my all wood frame house. I'm trying to figure the different types of damaged wood. I'm familiar with the drywood and subterranean termite wood damage but not the actual wood damage of beetles. Do you have any home remedies for any of the above?

How to install wood fencing panels using existing wood fence posts [ 1 Answers ]

Posts are set at same distance required for panels

Removal of wood adhesive from wood subfloor [ 4 Answers ]

How do you remove wood adhesie from a subfloor? I want to install strand bamboo in a master bath. My contracter put 1/4 inch plywood over it but it crunches when you walk on it. Im afraid he tried to provide a smooth surface but didn't get rid of the initial problem-the ADHESIVE. I don't want a...

Banging wood in attic [ 1 Answers ]

Mostly at night, I have a very, very loud banging sound from the attic. It seems to be wood popping, but it is unbelieveably loud and happens constantly all night long in the winter. The house is only 5 yrs old. We have a second furnace in the attic for the second floor. It is so loud, it is...

Wood pin holes [ 4 Answers ]

What are the pin holes in my barnboard caused by? There are piles of fine wood dust on the floor.

View more questions Search