Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AskMeBTC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2011, 05:36 PM
    Does an extra line dryer in liquid line create any issues in a heat pump?
    I have a heat pump with a line dryer installed on the liquid line. I have a problem with an exterior expansion valve. Does the dryer have anything to do with the expansion valve issues? Is the presence of the dryer any issue at all? Picture attached.
    Attached Images

Tjabooo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 12:37 PM
    I have a heat pump with a line dryer installed on the liquid line. I have a problem with an exterior expansion valve. Does the dryer have anything to do with the expansion valve issues? Is the presence of the dryer any issue at all? Picture attached...

The dryer: should not be an issue. BUT if it is cloged inside it might be.
    Mesure the temperature before and after the drier, it should not be a temperature difference.
    If it it, change drier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I check if liquid line is cold and suction line is warm? [ 4 Answers ]

The unit was installed 3 years ago. It was never started until now. I have changed the filter dryer, vacumed, and I opened the txv inside the cased coil. I have sucked the refrigerant back, and vacumed 3-4 times, but the liquid line stays cold and the suction line stays warm. I do know the...

Liquid Line Dryer [ 6 Answers ]

Can not installing a liquid line dryer on an outdoor unit cause a compressor to go bad? Thanks, BMCMyers

Heat pump suction line stays very cool in heat mode [ 0 Answers ]

My two rheem compressors sit side by side outside. Both SEEM to work normally in heat mode. HOWEVER, the smaller 1.5 unit gets no frost buildup at all and the lines stay lukewarm both outside and at the airhandler in my attic. Aux heat comes on for both units when temps dip below 35 dgrees as I...

What is a Liquid Line Filter Dryer used for? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a Liquid Line Filter Dryer used for? My repair man put one on after I experienced heat pump failure. Thanks

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

View more questions Search