Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2011, 11:58 AM
    96 sunfire stereo
    I have a '96 sunfire, when I bought the car it had an after market deck. I was informed it stopped working about a month earlier when I bought the car but they saved the original stock deck. I took out the aftermarket deck and then got the wiring harness out of my uncles sunfire (who's stereo works) to wire the stock deck in. Now the lights will come on (Where the numbers are and the volume), but the screen itself won't come on and it won't play anything, not even static.. What would be wired wrong, we've checked the speaker wires, battery wire, and ground wire and there all connected right, were not sure what to check next.

Check out some similar questions!

95 and 96 sunfire parts, are they interchangeable? [ 3 Answers ]

I found a 96 sunfire for sale, it needs some work, but just wondering if I could use parts from my 95 sunfire? Sorry I made a mistake, it is a 97... so is a 97 parts interchangeable with a 96?

1994 Sunfire [ 3 Answers ]

My aunty had given me her 1994 Sunfire. It has some issues and we don't know what is wrong, and I am far from mechanical savvy but I want to kind of have an idea what could be wrong. First the car's power steering isn't working, what could cause this? Second, the car over heats... Which I know...

1996 pontiac sunfire 2.2 [ 1 Answers ]

Will not move when in reverse.revs and reverse lights on but does not

98 sunfire [ 1 Answers ]

My dash gauges go hay wire need advice pronto

98 sunfire [ 4 Answers ]

All my gauges go haywire,the only ones that don't is the speedometer an gas.all the light gauges go off an on,the day lights also.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.