Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CesarV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 09:51 PM
    Are there any special cleaning crack tips for Corian Sink? Do I just get a Corian Kit
    I need to repair a crack in a Corian Sink. Does any one know if I need to clean it out with anything special? It about 6 in. long. It's on the flat part of the sink.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2011, 09:42 AM
    It has to be very clean or the repair won't stick. Clean out the crack with a needle, pour some hydrogen peroxide in the crack to bilge out dirt, dry well. Carefully sand the crack area with 320 wet or dry, sparingly swab the crack with acetone, MEK or Lacquer thinner on an ear swab, dry with a hair dryer. Mix the repair kit as instructed, use a craft stick or skewer to get the repair material into the crack and leave a small excess. Let it sit 24 hrs, sand with 400 W/D, then 600 W/D, polish wth buffing compound. Very hard to match the color exactly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian sink crack [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have an 8 inch crack in my Corian sink. Water leaks out of it. Can this be repaired without replacing the entire sink?

How to repair a crack in a Corian sink? [ 8 Answers ]

Construction workers outside my home were using a jackhammer. The vibration caused my sink to crack. The contractor says this is not possible. Is this true? In any case, I now have a crack in my sink. How can I repair the crack without replacing the sink and countertop?:confused:

Crack in white corian kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old corian kitchen sink that has a crack in the bottom part of the sink. Is there any way to repair this ? The sink is apart of the corian counter. The crack is about 6 inches long, not wide but goes through to the underside of the sink.

Corian Crack [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible for heat from a laptop to crack a corian counter and should I try to repair or get a pro?

Crack in corian [ 5 Answers ]

We have corian countertops and now have a crack in the sink which is one continuous flow from countertop. All one piece. The crack goes all the way through and it leaks to the underneath. The crack is about 12 inches long. Does anyone know if this can be repaired or will we have to replace...

View more questions Search