Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Calismom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 03:20 PM
    Can moving a cat in labor stop the labor?
    Yesterday while laying on the couch to take a nap, my cat came up and laid on my chest. I noticed she looked like she had been gaining weight, but was unaware of her being around any males. Suddenly she started 'talking'! I quickly turned her around, and there appeared to be a 'sac' coming out under her tail! I quickly moved her off me (and my new couch!) and brought her into a room used for storage. She immediately crawled into the closet, which had a lot of clutter, so I brought her out and put her in a box with a blanket. She immediately hopped out and went back to the couch! I ended up putting her in a dog cage from the garage, as I have bronchitis and was laying down before work. I knew I would not be able to keep my dogs away from her. An hour later, still no kittens, and I had to go to work. So, I put her in a bathroom with blankets until my husband would be home. An hour later he returned, and she was back to her normal self. 24 hours later, still no kittens, but she is nursing my other cat's 4 week old kitten and carrying him around like her own. I have seen a few contractions, but that's it!
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Jun 23, 2011, 12:31 AM
    Sounds like she has broken that amniotic sac you saw. If so, it will make delivery harder for the kitten, and thus all the others... there will probably be several more. Sounds like a job for the vet.

Next female cat you get, have her spayed before she finds a boyfriend, instead of waiting for one to find her.
    She must go outdoors regularly? It only takes a moment to consummate a relationship, for cats.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help Cat In Labor! [ 11 Answers ]

Yesterday my cat's kittens were moving rapidly in her stomach and she starting having contractions at about 2:00pm. She hasn't done anything since! This morning I noticed her having some small contractions. (wave-like motions) I am wondering how long she can go on with having these contractions...

Cat In Labor [ 5 Answers ]

How long does it last from the time the cat starts contractions to the time they give birth to the first kitten?

Is my cat in labor? [ 2 Answers ]

We just got a stray about almost a month ago. We took he to the vet after about 3 days of having her and he said she was in heat about a month ago and that she was pregnant. Now she's pretty big. Today her legs are like twitching along wit her tail kind of weirdly and abnormally. She's been crabby...

Is cat in labor? [ 2 Answers ]

Im not sure when my cat is due? I know she is really close. All day yesterday her temp was below 99. About 5 this morning when I checked it it was at 100. I turned the thermometer off and on again just to make sure and it was at 99. Also last night she was breathing really hard and fast on and off...

View more questions Search