Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Jun 22, 2011, 12:14 PM
    Applying for a valid CA license after moving across state
    I am confused as the process of switching from a MA state license to a CA state license. I am 25 and I really thought the process would involve me filling out an application, proving my identity and that is all. In stead I ended up having to take a written test again (which I have failed for the third time and now I need to re-apply) I have read the manual, I just have studying problems.

I decided to look into adult driver ed programs but none pertained to me. The only driver-ed courses pertaining to the written part of the test are for teenagers applying for a permit. The only adult-related tests are behind-the wheel tests... I was hoping to find a driver's-ed course that brushes you up for the written exam and the road test and maybe offers a vehicle for you to use when taking the road test.

Do programs like this exist? Did the DMV get confused? I simply want a CA license. I am not applying for a license for the very first time or anything.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 12:36 PM

Is this the type of test you took and did not pass? Sample C Driver Written Test 1
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 02:50 PM

And what is wrong with taking the one for the teens,

Most of the driving schools often require you to have a permit. But the classes for permit is what you need, since that is the written part
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by notcoolenough View Post
    ... I was hoping to find a driver's-ed course that brushes you up for the written exam and the road test and maybe offers a vehicle for you to use when taking the road test.
    You failed the written test, not the road test. Is there any reason to suppose you would have trouble with the road test? If you have actually been driving for a while I don't see how you would have any difficulty taking a road test.

And so why would you need a loaner vehicle again?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 06:52 PM

I believe, when you move to CA, you have 10 days to change over to their licence and a road test is not part of it, but a written test is required
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Jun 28, 2011, 04:07 PM
    Sorry I didn't get back to this thread. I grew very stressed and busy. I did figure it all out and I did finally get my license. :) what a relief

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please Help... I am Applying for RN License in Delaware After a 10 Year Expunged... [ 0 Answers ]

Misdemeanor that I had in PA 10 years ago. I had it immediately expunged 10 years ago. I work at a large hospital now as a secretary and when they did my background check nothing came up. Now that I am applying for an RN license I had to submit my fingerprints for an FBI check. I never...

Is Driver's License valid [ 2 Answers ]

To see if my license iz valid or not

Applying for teaching license, civil citation? [ 4 Answers ]

I received a civil citation in the State of Maryland back in 1998. I was 18 years old, and at a party that got busted. I received a citation for "Under 21 possession of alcohol" - I am now 29 years old and live in Las Vegas, NV. I am applying for my teaching license (Middle School). One of the...

Can learner permit in one State be valid in another State [ 1 Answers ]

Say someone has a driver's learner permit from NC, can she/he use it ( learn to drive) legally in VA? Thanks

Very grey area--applying for prof'l license [ 9 Answers ]

Hello and good evening. I have a professional license to do what I do. I have had it since 1990. In 1996 I was charged with a class B misdemeanor in NY but pled guilty to a 'violation", a non-criminal offense. I paid a $50 fine, received a conditional discharge and in a year my criminal...

View more questions Search