Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BCBelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 09:56 AM
    how to get rid of rerape.dll trojan horse?
    My son is running Windows Vista sp2 and the free version of AVG antivirus.

He has been infected by the trojan horse Generic23.RBJ x 6
    It shows in
    C\Windows\ sytem32\rundl32.exe (2892)
    C\windows\explorer.exe (2572)
    and showqs as 4 entries in
    C\users\lance\AppData\local\rerape.dll

He is away but needs the computer when he gets back so asked if I could find a solution.

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks

Belle

On AVG they have an option to remove all unhealed infections but I'm not sure if the virus is in required files.

DELL_prateek_k Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Hi
    My name is Prateek and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
    As mentioned your system is been infected by virus and in order to remove it you have bought a anti-spyware software and you are not able to install it .so these are a couple of steps which you can follow to fix the problem
    1) Try to reboot the computer in safe mode and in order to do so you have to press F8 after pressing the start button.
    2) You will get advanced boot option and you have to select Safe Mode with Networking, select that option and press enter.
    3) After that open internet explorer and we have to install malware bytes that will help us in removing infected files , link is attached to install malware bytes anti-spyware software
    Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer
    4) Moreover you can install your own software as well in safe mode , try to open following link
    STOPzilla - Award-winning Virus Remover and then click on virus and malware remover icon (green tab) and click
    On run.

5) You can also use Download Trojan Remover and click on download 1 and install it and then run it after that .
    6) After that we have to restart the computer back in the normal mode and then we have to run this software.
    7) Let the scan complete and it will show you infected files and you will get a prompt to delete infected files , try to run both of them one by one ,
    8) Once we are done with this then restart your computer ,I hope that will fix your issue

Thanks
    DELL_prateek_k
    nimahen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BCBelle View Post
    My son is running Windows Vista sp2 and the free version of AVG antivirus.

He has been infected by the trojan horse Generic23.RBJ x 6
    It shows in
    C\Windows\ sytem32\rundl32.exe (2892)
    C\windows\explorer.exe (2572)
    And showqs as 4 entries in
    C\users\lance\AppData\local\rerape.dll

He is away but needs the computer when he gets back so asked if I could find a solution.

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks

Belle

On AVG they have an option to remove all unhealed infections but I'm not sure if the virus is in required files.
    You can try other antivirus software like Comodo which detects the trojans virus then destroys it , the detection rate is very high

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get rid of a trojan horse that is re-edited my registry [ 2 Answers ]

I have a virus that is disguising itself as windows programs like winlogon.exe and csrss.exe, when I check the properties folder, there is another account holder with full permissions called trusted installer. Taken over control of Microsoft security essentials too.

Another Trojan horse [ 6 Answers ]

Bob Novak at 'Human Events' identifies a pattern that should've been self evident to anyone who voted for a moderate to conservative Democrat in the last 2 years thinking that they would have a conservative voting record. Instead they are voting exactly the way Madame Mimi Pelosi tells them to...

Trojan Horse [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know too much about computers, but I have AVG free for virus control on my PC and in the virus vault it says there is two trojan horse exploits? How do I get these off my computer completely so they aren't even stored in the virus vault? How does one get these viruses?

Trojan horse [ 5 Answers ]

I am running Outlook Express 6 on my Dell PC and have picked up a virus listed as c:\DOWNLOAD.EXE TROJAN HORSE. It has totally dis-abled "WORD" and despite uninstallinig it and re-installing it from a CD ROM I still can't get "WORD" to run. There must be millions out there with this problem. ...

View more questions Search