Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lindy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 09:29 AM
    "Beeping" noise occurs from furnace area
    I have a Miller furnace in a mobile home. For the past two or three weeks, we've heard an occasional "beeping" noise coming from the attic area just above the furnace. It sounds like a back-up warning from vans but not as loud. It occurs about every five or ten minutes. I cannot locate the source. No one seems to know what it is. It appears to be associated with the furnace. (I have checked all other alarms in the house). Gas Co. checked furnace and found nothing wrong. Furnace is operating; no heating problem. (we keep thermostat high because of wife's poor circulatory problems). Can you help?s Thank you.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Jan 29, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    I have a Miller furnace in a mobile home. For the past two or three weeks, we've heard an occasional "beeping" noise coming from the attic area just above the furnace. It sounds like a back-up warning from vans but not as loud. It occurs about every five or ten minutes. I cannot locate the source. No one seems to know what it is. It appears to be associated with the furnace. (I have checked all other alarms in the house). Gas Co. checked furnace and found nothing wrong. Furnace is operating; no heating problem. (we keep thermostat high because of wife's poor circulatory problems). Can you help?s Thank you.
    Do you have a smoke alarm in the area?
    Lindy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Smoke alarm not in immediate area of sound; carbon monoxide alarm was, however, and both were checked out. I removed batteries from both, and beeping still occurred. By the way, gas co. inspected, a heating contractor never heard of it, Miller furnaces do not seem to have such parts listed. My only thought was that for some reason, the previous owner (who neighbors tell me was a "gadgeteer") may have installed some kind of alarm. If so, what is it warning us about?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2007, 06:00 AM
    If the noise is in the attic, has anybody looked up there? It sounds to me like a smoke alarm with low batteries. It is possible the previous owner stuck one up there.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 04:49 PM
    I didn't reply to this because I don't have a clue without being there to hear it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Pink pill with "watson" and "502" on it [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of pill is pink and has watson 502 on it?

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

Periodic "gushing" noise in main water line [ 1 Answers ]

In my basement, the main water line comes in through one of the basement walls. I don't think I've heard this before, but periodically, I hear water rushing noises coming from the line. When I go down to the basement, it's like water is rushing in, stopping, then rushing in, etc... Could be...

View more questions Search