Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronelaine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2011, 03:50 PM
    New laptops do not have phone jack
    The new laptops we consider buying do not have phone jack to connect to the internet. They expect wireless or cable or ethernet connection. We were told that we could purchase an an adpater which will be helpful on our move to the new service. Any suggestions?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2011, 03:56 PM

Its not that they don't have a phone jack, it's that they don't have a modem. You can get an external modem if you wish to use dialup.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2011, 07:07 PM

Agreed, there is no dial up modem in them now, so you will have to buy one of those, and then it will plug into your computer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to rewire a phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help. This house had at one time two different phone lines. We now have only one phone line working. I need to find out how to rewire one of the jacks that was hooked up to the other number. The phone company is going to charge us $120 to come out and do this, but they tell me that...

I want to convert a phone jack to be the main phone jack. How do I do that? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to use the phone jack in my basement to connect my Vonage phone adapter in order to distribute the service to all phone jacks in my house. But I need to convert it to the "main" jack in order for the Vonage signal to be distributed. I was told I should be able to convert this jack to the...

Can a wall phone jack be replaced with a flush jack [ 3 Answers ]

The wall jack currently has some gray pieces already wired however the wires have disintegrated can I cut this off restrip the wire coming out of the wall and install a regular flush jack. If not how difficult would it be to rewire a wall phone jack?

Rewiring my phone jack so that I can have my phone on one and my internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting internet in my house and the phone co. said I had to rewirer the line in my bedroom so it would not mess with my other phone line how do I rewire it and do you have a pic I could go by

Re wire phone jack [ 1 Answers ]

We are getting another phone line in kids room how do you rewire the jack

View more questions Search