Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Novice1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 09:11 AM
    No Dishwasher air gap on new sink
    Thought installing a new sink would be a relatively simple job. As I look to get started, the new sink did not come with the hole and equipment for the dishwasher drain. I think its called the air gap. Question, can I bypass the airgap and connect the hose directly from the dishwasher to the disposal?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 09:19 AM
    You can as long as you have hose from the dishwasher loop up higher than the drain from the sink. This will keep water from going back to dishwasher

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher air gap overflowing [ 5 Answers ]

The air gap for our dishwasher has been overflowing since we bought the house 20 years ago. It was an annoying problem but not serious. I tried to fix this problem several times. I replaced the hose, I replaced the air gap NO JOY. The air gap discharges into the garbage disposal. The disposal seems...

P-trap GAP - p-trap too low to meet sink drain extension [ 13 Answers ]

I just took an old crane drexel sink off the wall and replaced it for the time being ( I want to fix the older sink) with a cheap vanity/sink set. All that was easy enough, but now to my chagrin I can't finish the job. The p trap is too low, the extension pipe from the sink doesn't go all...

Air gap overflowing [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my air gap for the diswasher overflow

DW Vent or Air Gap loop? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello - I have a DW that is vented and then runs to just below the double sink opposite the disposal. I want to install a new faucet and would like to make a Looped air gap rather than use the vent on top of the counter. Do I have to loop it through the disposal or could I just go with...

Air Gap is overflowing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All I have a very baffling situation. We changed our countertop, now the air-gap is overflowing for the first few seconds every time the dishwasher empties and makes a mess on the counter top, then continues to drain normally. Here is the setup. THREE separate drains under the sink, each...

View more questions Search