Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Want2Know Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Superior Court and Supreme Court
    Is a "Superior court" the same thing as the "Supreme Court"?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Hello Want:

It depends on the state.

excon
    Want2Know Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Want:

It depends on the state.

excon
    I take it that some state elect to use "Superior" and others use "Supreme".

I was actually referring to the US Supreme court but your answer cleared that up for me.

Thank you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Hello again, Want:

Yeah. In Washington, what we refer to as the superior court, the state of NY refers to, as the supreme court. I don't know about those New Yorkers.

excon

PS> It's true. None of these are to be confused with the US Supreme Court.
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Jan 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, Want:

Yeah. In Washington, what we refer to as the superior court, the state of NY refers to, as the supreme court. I dunno about those New Yorkers.

excon

PS> It's true. None of these are to be confused with the US Supreme Court.
    Yes, it's a little strange in that "supreme court" is actually the LOWEST state court in NY.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Court very soon [ 5 Answers ]

hi I am soon going to court for my divorce and custody for my 9 year old daughter, who wants to live with me,me and my soon to be x husband will be separated 10 mo in a few days yes I left the home and went to my moms down the road which I thought was only for a night to get some rest but of course...

Going to court again [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord raised my rent 200.00 I was paying 1200.00 a month I am sick with a chronic disease and my son lives with me , I have lived here for 4 year and every year before he has raised my rent 25.00. He has had me to court 4-5 times for late rent ( I always paid within the month it was due) he...

Going to Court [ 10 Answers ]

I have a question, I am going to court for a debt with a law office regarding a credit card that I have been paying since last July. I have sent letters to the law office stating that I owe the debt and that I intend to pay it and have been paying each month. They wanted a certain amount I did...

Supreme Court [ 1 Answers ]

Is it time to get rid of the Supreme Court? Why or why not? What would replace it?

View more questions Search