Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahay19 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 03:59 PM
    Why is my best friend still mad at me?
    So about two weeks ago, me and my best friend got in a little bit of a disagreement. It was over a small little thing and I didn't think it was a big deal. But the next day I tried to talk to her and she ignored me. She did this for a week. Then I realised that I had over reacted a bit which is why the argument took place, I realised I needed to apologise and I had done something wrong. Some of my other close friends said that she had no reason to be mad at me, but I knew otherwise. So I gave her a huge apology and promised her that I wouldn't over react again, and what not. All she said was "ok." She talked to me, but she still acted really mad. So I gave a big genuine speech about how I really hope we can make up and I apologised again and stuff. She just said "give me some more time." So I said okay. This is strange, because we have gotten in small disagreements before, but usually we just say sorry and agree to disagree and everything is best kind. But this time it is different. So its been a week since she asked for more time, and her birthday party is going on right now. We were so close this year, we were always there for each other, we shared so many secrets, memories, and insiders, so I could not believe this one small disagrement would mean she wouldn't want me at her party and she would still not want to talk to me 2 weeks later. Summer is just beginning and I should be really happy, but I can't, I hate friends being so mad at me, especially one of my very best. Why do you think she is still mad? & What do you think I should I do? Thank you so much.
    DanSterr1997 Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Jun 29, 2011, 02:07 PM
    Really it all depends on what the argument was about, it could have had more relevace to her than you realise. Some people do just need time to get over things. Do you know if she was stressed or upset about anything when it happened? She could be taking out her hurt about something else on you.
    I know what its like for friendships to be messed up by slly little things and its horrible, you will miss you're friend as I can tell from what you said that you were really close, try talking to your other friends and asking them for advice on how to approach her, they might be able to find out about an underlying cause for her anger.
    Honestly I think you should tell her exactly how you feel, just let her know you miss her and want to be friends again, but don't push her. Let her know its her decision, she has to want to make up before you actually can.
    Good luck, and I hope I helped.
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Jul 8, 2011, 08:32 AM

I agree with DanSterr1997.

There could be something else going on in her life at the moment. Sometimes the mind does some strange things without us knowing. It could be a defense mechanism, if she is stressed or upset by other things she could be subconciously trying to protect herself from further hurt or stress by avoiding you.

I don't know much about your friend, and I don't want to judge, but in the past my friends have done this before for attention or to get their own back and cause me the same hurt I caused them.

The point is you recognise that you did something wrong, and that's great! She should appreciate that. She knows how you feel and stuff, for now just give her some space, try and branch out and make some new mates. I'm not saying give up on her, I'm just saying you should give her what she's asked for (time) as this is the most respectful thing to do for your friend.
    Darrell182 Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Aug 22, 2011, 01:18 PM
    Wow, you're bored!
    Darrell182 Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Aug 22, 2011, 01:19 PM
    No
    deletexox Posts: 5, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2011, 03:41 PM
    Take a second to think about what you have done to resolve the issue.
    You have taken the effort to develop a sincere apology, and a "genuine speech" to convey to her that you wish to stay close.
    If it were truly over something HUGE, you would definitely know it. From what I gather, the issue seems too small for the big reaction she is having.
    At this point,it sounds like you have done what a good friend would do. So now it is her turn to be a good friend and forgive the argument and amend what happened.
    The last thing you want is to look like you're a suck up, which I know isn't your intention.

In other words, she should slap a bandaid on the *ouch* and get on with it. If she still wants to be friends, she will give you some slack. Goodluck!
    crazipink12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Just apologize once more and if she doesn't accept then just forget her and get a new best friend
    kelseebrooklyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 06:02 PM
    Obviously she's not worth it if she's going to be a about it and not accept your apology when you were sincere. Just get closer with your other good friends. Make them be your best friends. Screw that other "best friend" of yours, she seems like a .
    kelseebrooklyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 06:03 PM
    yshe is not madf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mad friend [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do about a person who is mad at me and calling dcs and police making false statements about me and trying to get me in legal trouble she already has the police following me around and tried to get my kids taking from me and calling my other friends and telling them that the police are...

Mad friend [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I want to start smoking. But my friend won't let me. I'm afraid to bring it up again because I mad her mad last time. She promised not to leave me if I don't smoke. Should I try it? I don't want to lose her.

My friend is mad at me but won't tell me why [ 3 Answers ]

Ok we both work overnights at Walmart and one day she just mad at me and she won't tell me why. I tried to give her space so she can think what she wanted to do about what ever she mad about bt that's not working.

My friend is getting mad at me for no reason [ 4 Answers ]

Heyy! I have this friend and we are best friends but I really don't know! Last year she got mad at me for no reason and she made up stuff about me and got all my friends against me! All of them but then we all worked it out and we were all friends again and me and her became best friends again....

Should my best friend be mad at me? [ 8 Answers ]

My best friend and I have been friends for 12 years. About 2 months ago she threw me a baby shower and I invited all my friends and family. It was a super nice shower and she went all out, everyone had a great time. Well 2 weeks later my aunt (who didn't go to the shower my best friends threw) had...

View more questions Search