Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrodyNoochie Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2011, 09:22 AM
    If you were home schooled, how did you like it? (looking for students, not parents)
    I am considering home schooling and have seen lots of opinions from various parents and educators. I have seen lots of pros and cons but have never really heard from the kids that went through it.

What did you like about it?
    What didn't you like?
    What would you change?
    Did you attend a public college afterward?
    Do you believe it has affected (positive or negative) your efforts at finding a job?
    Do you believe it has affected (positive or negative) your relationships?

Thanks for your feedback.
    Nique.H Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 10:15 PM
    I am currently home schooled, enrolled in an online school. I love it because there are less distractions so it is easier to focus on my schoolwork. There actually isn't anything I dislike or would change about the school I am in. I'm only 15, so I can't get a job. I would have to say that, since you don't really get association with the other students, online schooling can affect your social skills.
    But I really love my school and I am getting good grades.
    Rtcorbett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2011, 08:30 PM
    1. The freedom to learn any topic and subject I wanted whenever I wanted, my mother was a single and worked full time so after the divorce at the age of 8 I was home schooled. It felt more like a home class though, my mother was depressed and lazy so I got the brunt of the house cleaning work. (also I was working two jobs by the time I was 14 so I had plenty of responsibility as an early teenager)

2.I didn't like the loneliness and the lack of a social network- I attended church events because I would make friends there... but I never got too involved with a network of friends.

3.I actually didn't do any work at all. Just "life skills" I am pretty sure that if my mother was caught before my 18th birthday she would have gone to jail. I was unable to read until 12, and to this day I still have severe spelling competencies issues. (thank goodness for spell check!)

4.I got my GED at the age of 17 before deciding to go to school at SCAD-Atlanta it is a private school, but I am positive I would be able to get into a public state college if I needed too.

5. well since I have a ton of experience, and am very talented in various areas it has been very easy for me to find work- I am currently working for Apple and I love it!

6.define relationships? I didn't get my first kiss until I was 17. But that doesn't mean I missed out on anything I had a group of friends growing up well more like 3.. But hey- quality over quantity right! We where thick as thieves- I don't think I would trade those memories for anything.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I got to have good grades to be home schooled? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello I'm in the ninth grade going in to the tenth, if any one can help me I was wondering do I got to have good grades to be home schooled?

Why can't more people be home schooled? [ 15 Answers ]

I think even though the state gets paid and ourselves get paid I still think if some kids get home schooled there would be less fights. Do you think that could work?:confused:

What's it like to be home schooled? [ 9 Answers ]

I've herd of people getting home schooled and all that, and I was just wondering why anyone would want to do that. Like doesn't it take away the chance to make friends and go to dances and all that stuff that school have and home schooling doesn't?

Can I quit school to be home schooled? [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I have been having horrible times at school... I have been bullied and cannot take it anymore... everything seems to think wrong of me because I take so much time off because I get bullied and the ones asking are the ones who are talking about me! I have tried to commit suicide before...

Home schooled: credits for college? [ 3 Answers ]

Im homeschooled, this is my senior year, I would like to know how I can obtain credits for Collage, does anyone know anything about it? If you do please can you help me with some information please?

View more questions Search