Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riojett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2011, 02:00 PM
    50% damage to your roof > Is insurance required to pay for a roof?
    The insurance company told me I have 50% damage. I have heard 50% damage = a new roof
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2011, 02:09 PM

You heard wrong. Insurance makes you whole. It does not enrich you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2011, 03:33 PM

Your homeowner's insurance is just to restore your condition as it was prior to the damage. I asked the agent in my office a very similar question yesterday and she said the magic word "restore". The insurance company may op to repair only the damaged part and nothing more. Now if you had a new roof say less than 2 years old they may op to replace the whole shebang but that is in rare cases.

It's all up to the adjuster and the insurance carrier. Each case is different and may have different outcomes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I know if my roof has hail/wind damage? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in GA where we have a lot of hail/wind storms. Not only is my roof older (20 yrs), but several of my neighbors has gottentheir roofs replaced because of hail damage. What can I look for to see if my roof is damaged too, and if so, what can I do about it?

Is this Roof Damage Covered? [ 3 Answers ]

Some background: Last summer my Mom's house (in another city) was damaged in a wide spread hail storm area. She noticed dent damage On an aluminum awning and I asked her to call the insurance people to come out and look. They sent out an adjuster Who inspected and told her the...

Roof damage claim [ 5 Answers ]

I have wind caused roof damage on half of the slopes of my home. I have replacement or repair policy, but my roof shingles are no longer available. The roof is 10 years old. The shingle manufacture is no longer in business. What can I expect from an insurance adjuster when he inspects my damage?

Roof damage [ 1 Answers ]

30 days ago we purchases a house, and made our 1st payment this month. Needless to say our rood is pretty much caving in... is there anything we can do? Can we go after the seller? Do anything with our insurance?

View more questions Search