Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Firefox address bar arrow
    When I click on the DOWN arrow to see the list of urls in my address bar, and click one on down the list, I then have to click the green RIGHT arrow to go to it.

I'm on 2.0.0.1.

In the previous version, just clicking on one of them sent me to the url.

Can I set it so that I don't have to click on the green arrow like it was in the previous version?

I like to reduce clicks wherever possible :p

Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 29, 2007, 05:48 AM
    This maybe an extension issue, possible a tab extension one.
    I have found that there are some issues when using certain extensions together.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Rick, I was just complaining about the same thing last Friday in my office! I wonder if it has something to do with the tab extension we both use.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 05:58 AM
    I can confirm that the version I am running (with very few extensions) works without hitting the green GO arrow. It's also 2.0.0.1

I know that I changed a few things in about:config, specifically moving the close tab button to the far right, rather than one on each tab.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jan 29, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Hi Rick et al,

Just to let you know, I use the same version 2.0.0.1 and my browser works OK. No green arrows! Click on the URL and away you go!
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 06:04 AM
    I see the problem now. Yes, it's Tabbrowser Preferences 1.3.1.1 that I have installed. I just uninstalled it and now clicking on a url in the list goes right to it.

... so I'll have to go along without Tabbrowser Preferences to see which way I dislike the least :)
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Or contact the author and see if he can fix it ;D
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Yuck. I hate it already. I can't live without my Tabbrowser Prefs! :p
    BossMan

Jan 29, 2007, 06:11 AM
    A better Tab extension is Tab Mix Plus, a lot more configurable.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    A better Tab extension is Tab Mix Plus, alot more configurable.
    I like it!! Thank you!
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 07:17 AM
    I've tried it. So far I like TB Prefs better. What do you like about Tab Mix Plus over TB Prefs?
    BossMan

Jan 29, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Well I've been using Tabbrowser Extensions since it was a recommended extension back in the 0.7 days ;)
    Since 1.0 it hasn't been advised as it will cause FF to die horrily if used with ANY other Tab extension.
    I have now found that this extension is NOT support for 2.0 and the recommended alternate is Tab Mix Plus.
    It doesn't quite have all the functionality of Tabbrowser, but seems excellent.
    Definitely a one stop shop approach.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 07:33 AM
    And d'oh! Now I see extra tabs on the Options page that I did not see before. Very nice.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 08:20 AM
    I don't get it, I read the description and don't see why I would want this extnsion.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 08:46 AM
    It gives you some added control over how links open in new tabs, the tab focus, what the default page is on a new tab, etc. While FF does some of this builtin I like to have some control over it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost my information bar in Firefox [ 4 Answers ]

This happens to me occasionally, but I just close the browser and reopen it and the information bar (where I see the url of links that I hover over) comes back. ... but it's happened again and now I can't get it back. Any suggestions? Thanks!

IE Address Bar is very slow [ 11 Answers ]

I'm having trouble with my IE address bar. If I type in an address and hit enter or click go, nothing happens for about 2 or 3 minutes, then it goes to the page I typed in. Favorites and history from the address bar drop down work fine. I've run Sybot, Adaware, BHODemon, and Mcafee, all to no...

Problem with my address bar [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm quite new to the internet and I seem to have a problem with my address bar. Whenever click to scroll down it has "My Documents" and "My pictures" and so on. I have no idea how to rectify this and I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction...

IE Address Bar Help [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to block the pulldown from dropping down on the address bar so all of the websites previously visited are not visible to other users?

Can't use Yahoo Address Bar [ 1 Answers ]

The reply to trying to use the addresss bar is the following response: We did not find results for "q1=AACAAAAAAAAAA--&q2=Q2JEmg--"

View more questions Search