Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    libby345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2011, 06:12 AM
    How do I let a guy down gently without hurting his feelings?
    I went out with this guy from school and I broke up with him about 4 or so months later. I never told him all the reasons I did break up with him.

Ever since then he post loads on my Facebook, that he loves and comments on my pictures loads (saying I'm perfect and beautiful etc). He says he's in love with me, and keeps on trying to touch my bottom and slap it. Plus trying to kiss me, and succeeded a week ago.

Also all my mates and some other people say we should go back, we were the best couple in school in our year.

How do I let this guy down gently without hurting his feeling too much but making him realize I don't like him as much as he likes me?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Jun 19, 2011, 08:43 AM
    I think that as long as you're honest and direct in telling him how you feel that's about as good as you can make it. Also, be firm... tell him it's over and you are not going to change your mind. Forget about what your mates say and do what is right for you!If he continues to harass you (in real life and on facebook) feel free to defriend him (in real life and on facebook).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2011, 09:00 AM

It is time to just be honest, you can not control if he is hurt or not. You already broke up with him he obviously does not understand breaking up
    iluvsoccer14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 08:58 PM
    I think you need to call him to break the news. Here's how you do it. You say exactly what I put down also be firm but still have a little sadness in your voice. Say " i know you like me but i just dont like you after all the things you have been doing to me. if u like me give some time like a year please. and after that if i like you. thoings werent ment to be. we can just be freinds" and if you are really mad at him talk to your mom she will help find the right things to say. Hope I helped!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to say no to a guy without hurting him [ 8 Answers ]

Ermm, so, a boy asked me out but I'm not interested in him,how can I say no but not hurt him too much and still be friends??

How to get this guy to stop following me with out hurting his feelings? [ 4 Answers ]

Hmmm well there is this guy I met in my freshman year in one of my lunch bells he was sitting w/ no one so I felt kind of bad a couple of weeks later he introduced himself , and we struck up a conversation so I thought "oh he's cool" and so I became friends w/ him via Facebook at my grand parents...

How to say no to a guy without hurting him [ 2 Answers ]

This boy in my year asked me out but the last boy who asked me out then tried to rape me and I don't know how to say no to this boy because of the last boy how would I just say it gently and without hurting his feelings.

Should a friend apologize for hurting your feelings? [ 4 Answers ]

I was friends with a colleague for a couple of years. We got into a disagreement. We were both upset. She felt she was being blamed and wound up telling me I had a mental problem. I was extremely offended and more hurt still that she refused to apologize. She says I am giving her ultimatums and...

How to handle an absent parent hurting a 2 year old's feelings? [ 3 Answers ]

Situation as follows: My ex (we never married) ignored me most of my pregnancy, had little to do with my son, was emotionally and verbally abusive, and I finally left. In the nasty custody battle that ensued, he actually got violent, threatening, and abducted our son when he was 15 months old...

View more questions Search