Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Jun 16, 2011, 11:43 PM
    M.A.S.H Series 1-11 Boxset DVD Virtually Unplayable.
    I have purchased this boxset but have found that the disks are virtually unplayable because they either jump forward, pause for several seconds & then jump forward or simply freeze.

I have tried playing them in 3 different DVD players, including a Blu Ray player but the same thing happens.

I have returned these DVDs twice & have had 3 sets altogether but they all appear to have problems.

Has anyone else had problems playing this M.A.S.H boxset?

Does anyone know who actually produces the DVDs (burns & supplies them to the retailers)for the UK market

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Poseidon
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 16, 2011, 11:57 PM
    Nice set.

Well this sounds like a manufacturing error and you should return them and get your money back. I would also raise this as a serious concern with the suppliers customer service dept.

That being said is it available elsewhere ?
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Jun 20, 2011, 09:19 AM
    Thanks Curlyben.

I will certainly raise this with the supplier & raise the concern with them. I have also emailed Fox who presumably issue the contract to the copiers of the DVDs. However I won't hold my breath as I have found Fox appear notorious in ignoring emails, from me anyway.

Yes, I can obtain the set elsewhere however the price is virtually double what I paid for them.

The retailer I bought them from is called HMV which is a very reputable chain of High Street Stores & online supplier.

Thanks again for you input. I can aleays rely on you for excellent replies.

Cy
    (Poseidon)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 20, 2011, 10:50 AM
    TBH, I'd be inclined to get my money back and go elsewhere.
    Play for example: http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/11075...1/Product.html
    Or Amazon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virtually every web page visited shows: (not responding) [ 15 Answers ]

Hi all, For the past 2 weeks I have been having real problems. I am wondering if I have a virus or something? Firstly, the PC runs fine for around 2 or 3 minutes then it slows right down and loading pages seems to take a minute or so between pages. The next thing that happens is the large...

DVD/CD Drive - read dvd but will not write to dvd. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guy's. I have trouble with my dvd/cd-rw combo. My laptop is a Acer TravelMate 2413LC, don't know the make and model of the dvd/cd-rw combo. It reads and writes to Cd's no problem there. But is will not write to a blanc dvd - it reads the dvd. If I put a blanc cd in it ask me what I like to...

High secured debt virtually no unsecured debt [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I have managed our finances pretty good, not great, but highly dependent on my good paying job... which I just lost. I suspect that it could take over a year to even get a 75% of my prior pay level :( House is at least 85k upside down {if even sellable}, 1st mortgage and home equity...

"The Nanny" TV series on DVD [ 3 Answers ]

The first two seasons of "The Nanny" were released on DVD approximately two years ago in a timely manner and then they abruptly stopped releasing the rest of the seasons. I would like to know if there are any plans in the works to release the remaining 5 season of the show on DVD.

Shower has virtually no pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I hope someone can help, as my plumbing knowledge is not so hot. I have a relatively modern bathroom, but this morning it all seemed to go wrong. The shower (normally quite powerful), had no oomph. Then aftwer about a minute it gave up completely, with nothing coming out. I checked the...

View more questions Search