Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Haddock21409 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 10:22 PM
    Bleached my own roots and now they are lighter than the rest. How can I fix it?
    The top part of my hair is blonde and its dark underneath. I have dark brown hair naturally. I can't afford a salon right now so I would like to try to fix it at home.
    tmtrotminor Posts: 38, Reputation: 15

Jun 17, 2011, 04:04 PM

Find the (darker) color you want. So, lets say you want a dark blonde and have bleached light blonde, put the dye on the roots first.. Leave it on just the roots (where it's lighter) for a few minutes (10-15), then color the rest of it, and leave it in until you have your desired color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I bleached my hair and the roots are white and the rest is an orange/yellow colour [ 2 Answers ]

I bleached my hair from black to blonde its gone white at the roots and a dull yellow/orange colour I can't go to a hair salon so what would you recommend? Please help! :D

My roots won't take color and do not match the rest of my hair [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 80% gray (ugh) and have been using l'oreal excellence (professional grade)permanent color 6.3 light golden brown for 5 months. Problem is I need touch up every 3 weeks. Doing this, I have noticed breakage and thinning. To add to this, the last 2 times I used this on my roots only, they are way...

Brassy roots rest of color fine [ 2 Answers ]

I had my long hair permanent color with violet base colored yesterday--My hair is light brown to medium brown and a lot of gray on underside of hair--I hate red brassy colors--the two to 4 inches of the top of my hair from roots down is to brassy red and I would like to know which product or type...

Roots are a lot lighter than the rest of my hair [ 3 Answers ]

I got my hair died at a salon and my hair had previously been died dark brown and I wanted a solid plum-brown colour and now I have light roots and the rest of my hair is practically black (where it had been previously coloured). The girl who did my hair did not explain this would happen else I...

Dark roots bleached out bottom HELP [ 1 Answers ]

My hair is almost white on the bottom from lightening I want to get it to match my 3inch lt. red brown roots I did this once a long time ago with clairol to fix and it worked They said put just the staight color warm brown on my hair all over leave 20 minutes. Then Use 2 oz plain shampoo 2oz...

View more questions Search