Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Worriedgirl2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 10:19 AM
    I have recently been having sex with my boyfriend. We ALWAYS use a condom and wheneve
    I have recently been having sex with my boyfriend. We ALWAYS use a condom and whenever he comes, it's always contained in the condom. I have been on a course of penicillin and my period is late. Please confirm that I can't be pregnant... :/
    tmtrotminor Posts: 38, Reputation: 15

Jun 16, 2011, 10:40 AM

Well, it's very unlikely if what you say is true. Keep in mind though, stress can cause a late period too. So can meds, and simple body chemistry. If 3+ weeks have gone by, get a pregnant. Test. Just don't let it bother you for now..
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 10:42 AM

Well, I can't confirm you aren't pregnant.

NO birth control (aside from abstinance) is 100% effective.

So you COULD be pregnant.

I suggest you take a home pregnancy test to find out.

PS--I got pregnant using a condom, spermicide and the birth control pill, all correctly.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Well, I can't confirm you aren't pregnant.

NO birth control (aside from abstinance) is 100% effective.

So you COULD be pregnant.

I suggest you take a home pregnancy test to find out.

PS--I got pregnant using a condom, spermicide and the birth control pill, all correctly.
    And I got pregnant using the pill and a condom. Time to take a pregnancy test.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 06:48 PM

If a condom is the only form of birth control, they have about a 3 to 5 percent failure rate. So it is very possible that you could be pregnant just using a condom, It is a lot safer than no condom.

But if you want better protection, add another method with it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend rarely wants sex but recently paid for a lap dance ! [ 22 Answers ]

Hi; Hope you can offer some help, we are a mature couple in our early forties,( I'm not quite there yet) and have been together for 2 years. At first the sex was great and we couldn't get enough of each other. Now I feel that I'm in a relationship with my brother, although he loves me, holds my...

Girl who has boyfriend texts me all day everyday recently said she wants to have sex [ 39 Answers ]

A bartender that I have known for 2 years just from seeing her at work texts me all day everyday. She has had a boyfriend for 6 years. I also have a girlfriend that she is aware of but I want this bartender bad.The conversations were platonic until recently. Somehow we started texting about sex...

Today me and my boyfriend had sex with a condom.. and it broke.. But he came into me [ 5 Answers ]

Today me and my boyfriend had sex with a condom.. and it broke.. but he came into me 2 times with out pulling out.. can I be pregnant?

Only recently started taking the contraceptive pill and had condom fail. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi people. I started taking the contraceptive pill 9 days ago. I know it's not effective right away, so my boyfriend and I have still been using condoms. But tonight, the condom disappeared. Apart from the fact that I'm worried it could now be stuck inside me... I'm not sure whether I'm able...

View more questions Search