Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonbeams Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 10:12 AM
    Giving my dog water from a dirty tea kettle.
    I just realized my dog has been drinking water for a long time from a tea kettle that has a residue on the bottom. What can I do?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 16, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Wash it or empty it and remove it from the dogs reach.

Jun 16, 2011, 10:27 AM
    Dirty tea kettle
    I just noticed that my tea kettle has a black wet residue at the bottom. We have all been drinking water(hot and cold) out of this tea kettle for many years and never noticed this before. I have used the water in the tea kettle to refill the dogs' drinking bowl for many years. No one has seemed ill, but I'm worried that it was harmful. Does anyone know what the substance at the bottom of the kettle could be and is it harmful?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 16, 2011, 10:28 AM
    If you have been doing this for YEARS and not noticed any ill effects then everything is fine, nothing to worry about.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2011, 08:22 PM

It depends what the kettle is made from.
    If it is black it is probably just a carbon build up, will do no harm.
    If it is red it is most likely rust, and again, will do no harm.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2011, 08:41 PM

I would check for giardia since its from funky water.. That's really about all you can get from dirty water... But that's only if its been contaminated by something else..
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2011, 10:41 AM

When I lived in a small town will well water this always happened to our kettels... it has something to do with the minerals in the water, we still drank out of it.. and I'm not dead, so I'm going to assume its safe.

Jun 17, 2011, 01:43 PM
    Thank you. I've already thrown out the kettle.

Thank you. I've been worried about my dog.

Thank you. I threw out the kettle right away and I won't make that mistake again!

Thank you very much. I've been dreadfully worried.

Thank you. There's been nothing but tap water in it from the beginning.

Thank you. It was dreadfully stupid of me not to check the kettle before and I've thrown out the kettle.

Thank you. I've thrown out the kettle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We just installed a new water heater... why is the hot water still dirty-looking? [ 3 Answers ]

We noticed a few days ago that our water looked dirty and had a yellow-brown tinge to it. We called a plumber in who said it was our water heater, which was rusted at the bottom and slightly leaking (although only 4 years old). We had a new one installed today and tonight as I was filling the tub...

Blind servant carrying tea tray being pulled by dog being whistled by owner [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to remember a movie with a scene where a blind/old servant is carrying a tea tray and a dog is pulling on their clothing to direct them to the 2 men who are sitting and talking in a grand house/castle. One man is occasionally whistling at the dog to give it directions! Can anyone else...

Dirty water issues / hot water heater? [ 23 Answers ]

Hi all. This is my first post ever here. In short, my water is not clear. The hot water is much worse but I notice that the cold water isn't perfectly clear either. When I pour a glass of hot water it almost looks white while it settles down. When I pour cold water into a glass it is not...

Tea and Water [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Got a question from a friend, and would like to know why it feels easier to drink hot tea than hot water. Appreciate if anyone can answer me.

Giving a dog away that was given to me [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old pomerainian who was given to me when she was a little over 14 months old, she is now a little over 2 and I am thinking of giving her away. We just don't have the time to spend with her, we work during the day, and raise 2 grandkids so grooming is always an issue. Can anyone that...

View more questions Search