Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jawinc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 06:57 PM
    How to wire 4 outlets to 1 INTERMATIC T101 SPST timer
    I am new "Electrican". I did follow the instruction to out 1 set of 4 wires together in 1 INTERMATIC T101 40AMP 2 HP 120V timer, but the timer does not work. While all 4 swtiches for 4 set of lighting work fine. So single pole Times only can handles 1 wire of lighting, or whatever you can put together?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jawin
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 03:49 AM
    Confirm that you have 120 volts feeding the timer motor, usually terminals #1 & #2. #2 is usually the neutral, while #1 is the hot that feeds the line side of the timer switch with a built in jumper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switch (SPST) connection help. [ 6 Answers ]

I hope I'm in the right place for this question. This may be such an easy one but my internet search for an answer turned up nothing. I'm simply replaceing a broken switch on a Tripp-lite AC power line conditioner. Tripp-lite offers no help regarding the inside electronics of their unit, model...

Two wire outlets [ 6 Answers ]

I have home built in 1945 in Michigan. How do I put in in the new grouded outlets with two wires? One wire is coated and one is bare copper wire! Thanks for the help. Should I just have a electrican do it ? When I bought the house in 1973 I had the service panal replaced to a100amp service with...

Outlets to breaker/wire ratio [ 2 Answers ]

How many 60 Watt light outlets can I run off one 15 Amp breaker, using 14/2 wire?

3-wire home, 3-wire fan, 2-wire remote [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, My home is 3-wire. I bought a Hunter ceiling fan (model 23811). The fan came with a remote assy. That I do NOT want to use... The fan has standard 3-wire connections (black, white, blk&white strip, ground). The remote receiver home-side wiring looks to be for 2-wire (blk and white)....

Wire size for Outlets in basement family room [ 6 Answers ]

I am finally getting around to doing our family room in the basement. I was wondering what size wire to pull for the outlets should I use 12/2 with ground or 14/2 with ground. Also putting in recess lights should I use 12/2 with ground for them or 14/2 with ground. Thanks T

View more questions Search