Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taffy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Monitor has no signal
    G'day,
    My computer stopped working last week, initially was unable to turn the computer on or it would turn on but then stop (No beeps).
    Was initially told by a colleague that it could be a case of my hard drive has fried!
    Have started to replace hard drive but still have same problem. Am not able to get to the start up window, (BIOS) to be able to change the start up sequence as mentioned in the booklet received with the new hard drive.
    Would appear to have 2 video cards one connected to the motherboard the other is separate in on of the slots further down the tower unit.
    I have tried other monitors on the computer but still to no avail.
    When the computer is switched on the monitor gives nothing just a blank screen, the fan inside starts up and I am able to open the cdrom so power would appear to be getting to it.
    Not quite sure what computer it is but am running windows XP and it has a Pentium 4.
    If anyone can provide some solutions it would be appreciated.

Taff
    peterseth Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Hi!

At first, find small battery on your motherboard and check it, or replace. It is small silver circle, I think 5V. There are several types, so look for same type.
    This battery powers your flash memory with BIOS, so when there is problem with start up of BIOS, it is better, at first check this battery before you fired your brain. People forget this.
    Check and reply. Then we can think about another way.

Peter
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 5, 2007, 02:36 PM
    That small battery on most motherboards is a CR2032. It is 3V.

Which of the two video cards, is the monitor plugged into? Try one, remove the other and vice versa.
    respoken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 01:44 PM
    I have the same problem have you found a solution for it yet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor = no signal need help [ 13 Answers ]

Prepare for a possibly long detailed description of my problem. OK first off... it seems there's lots of people with this problem but not many solutions (I haven't found anyone that's said "thanks it works now")... I even googled stuff like "no signal from monitor" (which is how I found this...

Monitor No Signal [ 6 Answers ]

I restarted my PC yesterday and when I brought it back up, my monitor wouldn't go on. After I turned the monitor on it just said "No Signal" :mad: The PC does not beep at all when I turn it on. I tested the video card and ram and it's not that. I checked the connection from video card to...

No signal to monitor [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I’m not completely lost when it comes to computers, so a friend of mine asked me to fix his computer and I’m completely stumped. He tried to change his keyboard and when he plugged in the new one there was no longer any signal going from the tower to the screen. I replugged the original key...

No Signal to the Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

Our computer decided to take a breakdown, and there is no signal to the monitor we tried another monitor and still nothing the computer lights up the cd drive light flickers, the mother board light is on and the fan works, however when we swapped swapped the hard drive into another computer that...

No signal to monitor [ 8 Answers ]

OK like a week ago I unhooked my computer then just awhile ago I rehooked it back up and like the computer starts up and everything its just there is no signal to my moniter and the cd rom drive doesn't open or close and I also can't power the computer down by the power button ihave to turn it off...

View more questions Search