Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Minillich Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Diverter valve leak - 3 valve diverter valve?
    My shower has three knobs and the one in the middle diverts the water flow from the tub spout to the shower. I think that means I have a 3 valve diverter valve, if not please correct me.

When I turn the diverter knob so that the water comes out of the shower, there is still significant water flowing from the tub spout. There is also a leak coming from the diverter knob itself.

I have tried having someone replace the washer and the seat, but this hasn't helped. Please tell me what the problem could be and how to fix it. Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 28, 2007, 06:28 PM
    I think you were on the right track when you tried to replace the washer and the seat. That is generally the total fix so maybe it's time to have another person have a try at it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three valve diverter valve [ 1 Answers ]

On the three vlv diverter, I've removed the diverter stem, but I'm not sure how the seat comes out. If it screws out, do you have to have a special tool for that or can I improvise?

Diverter Valve [ 1 Answers ]

I was washing the dishes and when I went to press to spray nozzle, no water came out. Then when I went to use the faucet, no water came out as well. I think this may have to do with the diverter in the spray nozzle? What are your thoughts? And how do you remove the spray nozzle?

New Diverter Valve not working [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have read a couple of the threads on diverter valves and thought I might ask this question for some help. Ok here is the background on the problem and how we went about solving it. First this is a house that was built in 1971 so nothing new. The bathroom on the main floor has a three...

Diverter valve problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Had a problem with the diverter valve knurled end being worn, so I changed the whole valve(Danco replacement for Sayco). With the new valve, I have low pressure & also when putting water towards the shower head, it still comes out the lower spicket. How does that happen. Thanks in...

Peerless Diverter Valve [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyplace on the web that would have an internal drawing of a Peerless single-lever faucer? My diverter valve is sticking, and before I take it apart, I'd like to know what to expect inside. Thanks Jim

View more questions Search