Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pensive Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 10:36 PM
    Car vs motorcycle?
    I intend on buying a friend of mine a transportation device. He really needs a way of getting round besides public transport but lacks both a way of getting his licence and the money needed to buy a car/motorbike.

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best option to take.
    Both 2nd hand cars and motorbikes/scooters can be bought cheaply. In terms of petrol though bikes are much cheaper. On the other hand I think insurance is higher for bikes. But bikes are much less safe and require buying appropriate clothing which adds an extra cost.

The biggest advantage to a bike is that my friend can teach himself to use it as opposed to requiring another driver.

Anyway I don't know much about cars or bikes, besides what I mentioned, and would very much appreciate advice on which option to take and possibly how to go about getting one.

Thanks in advance,
    Pensive

Check out some similar questions!

70's cartoon about a broken down motorcycle who changes into a super hero motorcycle [ 1 Answers ]

I can't think of the name of the show. It had two motorcyles one ridden by a girl the other a guy. The girl had a good bike the boys motorcycle was broken down with patches on the wheels but whenever someone was in danger he could change into a perfect bike and save the day. What was the name of...

I purchase a car from private car dealer, they relase pink slip, can they reposes car [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a car last year juy 2009 for 7,800.00 in CA. paid 3,550.00 cash and ended with balance of 4,250.00 NOTE: on contract there was no due day or payoff day- is blank, I have pay them 3,500 as of today, I am currently unemployd and I pay dealership any amout that is posible. Also a month...

Motorcycle troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

My bike runs fine for 1/4 throttle then it just won't accelerate any more like a dead spot after 1/4 throttle any advise?

Motorcycle carb [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 89 hd superglide and need to replace the needle valve on the carb. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Car pulled out in front of me and I was drivng a motorcycle [ 9 Answers ]

STATEMENT On 27 May 08, I Armygrunte6 was driving my motorcycle west bound on Highway #164 and as I approached County Road 1350 East, I noticed to my right a light bluish car moving rapidly to the above mention intersection. I then proceeded to slow down because I thought he was not going...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.