Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhowes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 09:59 AM
    Will insurance replace a streaked roof?
    My roof has bad streaking on it and is over 20 years old. Will my insurance company cover the cost of a new roof?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2011, 10:01 AM

Highly unlikely. Sounds like wear and tear which is generally not covered by home owner's insurance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2011, 11:28 AM

No, it will only replace damaged roofs
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2011, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    No, it will only replace damaged roofs
    And even that depends on the reason for the damage.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2011, 07:02 PM

Streaking is a cosmetic problem and not a structural problem causing water intrusion. No, they won't cover this. When you do replace your roof you need to address what pieces of metal are leeching the streaking and have the metal properly addressed so it won't streak onto your new roof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance/roof replacement [ 6 Answers ]

There was a tornado in my neighborhood 6 months ago. A roofer looked at my roof and said there is damage. He also said that my shingles are discontinued and are not being made anymore so the insurance co. Should replace the whole roof. The insurance co. said they can match any shingle as long as it...

Want to replace roof, it's had 5 leaks repaired - what should I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I own a home that is about 30 yrs old and has a clay/tile type roof. With age and a couple of hurricanes there have been leaks that have been repaired, of these three via the insurance co. (less deductible) and two which i have paid for out of pocket given the small size of the problem. We now...

New roof through homeowner insurance [ 3 Answers ]

We have a tin roof over 30 years old. The ceiling is leaking in 3 rooms and 2 hallways in our house. Will insurance cover a new roof?

Roof Leak/Homeowner Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I am a first time home buyer. A single mom working for Wells Fargo. I purchased my home about 6 months ago. My bedroom ceiling collapsed. The roof of my house leaks. I paid to have this house inspected before I could purchase it. I paid for homeowners insurance. My payments are current. ...

Patch or replace roof [ 4 Answers ]

Should I patch my roof or replace entire roof?

View more questions Search