Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sullysquared Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Punctured freon line repair
    I was defrosting the mini freezer behind my bar and puntured the freon line on the aluminum ice cube tray shelf. Is there any way to repair this, or do I have to discard the freezer
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 28, 2007, 06:43 PM
    It can be repaired but not by a patch. You'd need to replace the line and have the equipment to pump down the lines, dry the air and refill with freon. A good refrigerator repair man can give you a ballpark # over the phone. In most cases just head for Home Depot.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 08:22 PM
    The repair will be very expensive due to the cost of evacuation and refrigerant. I have fixed many freezers with epoxy steel, surface must be extremely clean and try to minimize the opening, not the tube, with pliers. Epoxy steel works well with refrigeration due to the low operating pressures. Do not try this on high pressure refrigerants.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 08:57 PM
    After you get the repairs done, and I am saying this in case you plan to try it yourself. You will have to have a service port somewhere in the suction line. I don't think your little
    Mini freezer will have service valves or an access valve for you to evacuate the lines or recharge them, that is why you will need to install one in the line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor panels too dirty to measure freon pressure? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having problems with my A/C unit. A service technician came to My house, looked at the compressor unit, and told me the panels Were full of debris that he couldn't accurately measure the freon Pressure. He asked to clean the panel for $89, which did not Include the service call, another ...

Cost of line repair? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been quoted about $2,300 to repair the line running from my house to the sewer. It's between 50-60 feet, with a clean-out pipe near the house. The depth is probably about 4 feet at the shallowest point and around 8 or 9 feet or so at the deepest. It does not appear that the water line runs...

How much Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How much freon (R19) should be used to fill a home A/C unit. I need to replace the evaporator and must dischrage the system and refill it.

Spewing sound in Freon line [ 3 Answers ]

The Freon line to the central heat and air unit for the second floor unit run across the ceiling of my bedroom. Recently just before the air handler starts I hear a spewing, or gurgling sound. The unit appears to heat/cool OK. Is this something I should be concerned about? The outside unit is...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search