Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garrett-buddyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Remote receiver does not fit in canopy
    I am trying to add a remote control to my Hampton Bay ceiling fan. It is mounted on a vaulted ceiling with a 3ft. Down rod extension. The remote control receiver does not fit in the canopy. The ceiling is 16ft. And the fan/light is heavy so I would really like to not have to take it down.
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

Jan 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Can you get to the attic or access the location that they are wired in the ceiling, You can attach it there also. Before it feeds the wiring down the shaft.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Some of the Hampton Bay receivers, they fit between the mounting bracket and the ceiling. There's a thread about it in the archives, they only fit in a certain way. You might have to take the fan down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a remote receiver in a ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay receiver in an existing ceiling fan, model unknown. I have three wires coming out of the ceiling: black, white and red. These are connected to the fan wires: black to black, white to white and red to blue. The receiver only has two input wires: black and...

Remote/Receiver not working [ 1 Answers ]

Good day to You. I am experiencing some problems with our new Hampton Bay ceiling fan. It seems that the Remote will not operate fan nor the lights. We made sure that all switches on Receiver and Remote are at same settings. My wiring diagram is as follows: Two sets of wires in ceiling junction...

Fan Remote won't fit in Canopy [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a Hampton Bay 52" Mediterranean fan. It was easy to install except when it came to the remote receiver. It simply won't fit in the canopy I can't even get it to fit if none of the wiring is connected. I could live without the remote except there aren't any chains to turn on/off...

Getting Fit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 35, male and 5'10. 3 years ago I has a 33 inch waist and weighed 170 lbs. I'm now about 194 lbs, and my waist has expanded to over 38 inches. I have a belly (my midsection really bulges out - all fat) and I'm getting a fair amount of fat around my chest. I don't mind being a little...

View more questions Search