Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gussey45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2011, 06:12 AM
    Where can I purchase a downrod for a 68" hampton bay altura ceiling fan?
    I have 20 foot ceilings in my great room and just purchased the 68 inch hampton bay ceiling fan. I am n need of a downrod, preferably a 48" to 60" I'm thinking. I need your suggestions on that. I have an installer coming on Tuesday, 6/14/11 and would like to have the rod by then. I would need a bronze in color. I have shopped Home Depot, they do not carry it and another local lighting shop and they could not help me.

Thank you for your time;)
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Jun 10, 2011, 06:46 AM

You can probably find a pre cut piece of black pipe the right size and length, or get it cut and rethreaded. I know that Lowe's carries pre cut pipe, and I would imagine Home Depot carries it too. You will have to paint it, but it will get you where you need to be.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2011, 12:08 PM

Why does Home Depot not carry it? Wrong color, or wrong lengths? It is their fan, their downrods are supposed to work.

You can use 3/4" galvanized steel pipe, it is the same thing.

Frequently asked ceiling fan questions - Ceiling Fans N More
    meltrol Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jun 11, 2011, 04:22 AM
    Use "black iron pipe" and paint it flat black. You can buy pre-cut pieces at Home Depot or Lowe's. On some fans you don't need the pipe ends to be threaded, only a hole drilled through each end of the pipe. Don't use galvanized pipe... if you paint it the paint will peel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay 68" Altura ceiling fan does not reverse [ 26 Answers ]

New Altura ceiling fan does not reverse with remote. No pull chains since it is 20ft high ceiling. Changed settings on housing and remote but still doesn't reverse. Any ideas:confused:

Hampton Bay 68" altura ceiling fan runs slow [ 40 Answers ]

I just purchased a hampton bay 68" altura ceiling fan Even on high speed it turns slowly. There is a difference between speeds 1 , 2 and 3 but not much. High would be like between 1 and 2 speeds and of 50 " fan.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan downrod extension [ 7 Answers ]

I recently purchased 2 Hampton Bay "Brookdale" ceiling fans and need to extend the downrods and additional 24" due to the slope of the ceiling. The downrods that come with the fans are brushed nickel. Where can I find suitable rod material?

Hampton Bay ceiling fan - need sizes for downrod [ 4 Answers ]

I have just taken a ceiling fan home from my moms house, I have the model number. It is a hamptonbay ceiling fan model number 52-RDT manufactured in 10-2004, UPC# is 082392355555, I have the mounting bracket, however I do not have the down rod which connects to the mounting bracket and the ceiling...

Using 4.5" downrod instead of 12"-Hampton Bay ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a Hampton Bay-Frontera ceiling fan with the optional 4.5" downrod option instead of the standard 12". It does not appear that the 4.5" rod will fit because of the fan's decorative scroll. Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

View more questions Search