Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lyndyla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2011, 05:12 PM
    Remote control on ceiling fan works for lights but doesn't work on fan on/off, speed
    Just installed a hampton bay ceiling fan with remote control.. the remote control works on the lights to turn them on and off but will not turn on/off fan or contol speed. What's wrong.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2011, 12:09 PM

Was the remote control included with the fan or was it separate?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    Lyndyla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2011, 02:35 PM
    Comment on ceilingfanrepair's post
    It was included with fan
    mauirose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 12:30 PM
    I have an older ceiling fan that works just fine but the remote does not adjust to the various speeds. It does works the lights. It's a Hampton Bay fan and remote that came with an upscale home in Florida. Do I take the remote back to Home Depot or can I fix this thing myself? Same problem as so many other writers. Who knows if the remote came with the fan. Only the original owner and I have no contact with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting remote control ceiling fan to 3-speed wall switch [ 1 Answers ]

Customer has ceiling fan which is only remote control. We want to wire a wall 3-speed wall switch instead of the remote. The fan unit only has intrernal wiring for the remote use. It has 4 wires going to the motor for speed control. How do I connect these wires to a single incoming hot wire...

Ceiling Fan w/Remote lights work, fan doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a ceiling fan about 1 1/2 yrs ago, was working fine, it has lighting in the motor housing and lower lights, this fan has pull strings and a remote all were working fine. Replace the battery in the remote. The remote will not operate any part of the fan, the pull strings for the lights...

Remote control does not work light but works fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a remote control hampton bay fan. The remote control operates the fan but not the light. Will not turn the light on or off or dim it. Any suggestions?

Ceiling fan works, only 1 of 3 lights work [ 6 Answers ]

I just installed the Harbor Breeze Vector Elite, which is a pullchain fan. I installed a Harbor Breeze remote to it as well. The fan controls work fine, but only one of the lights is working. It will dim and everything, but the other 2 won't come on. What up?

Ceiling fan w/lights & remote control [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a sun room that will have a ceiling fan with lights. I want to turn the lights on and off from 3 different locations (4-way switching). I also want to control the lights from a remote control. Does anyone offer a remote that will control the fan speeds, light dimming and also...

View more questions Search