Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Misawa65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2011, 04:36 PM
    My house has a black, red and white wire for my ceiling fan. The house also has a gr
    My home is pre-wired for ceiling fans with lights. My fan has a Black, Green and White wire. The house has a Black, Red & White plus a ground wire. How do I make this work?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2011, 05:03 PM

Green is ground, red may be light, black my be fan, and white is the neutral.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 9, 2011, 07:53 PM

Is there a wall switch for the light package on the fan?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2011, 12:08 PM

Or a remote? Don read my mind.

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ceiling fan has black, white, and a black/white wire? [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this combination of wires? I am trying to change out ceiling fans in my living room. From ceiling box I have: a black wire, and a white wire, and no ground From the fan w/ light kit I have: a black wire, white wire, and a black w/ while stripe wire, and no...

Connecting red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wir [ 2 Answers ]

How to connect red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wires

Ceiling Fan-One switch, ceiling, 3 white, 3 black, red [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan I am replacing. There is one wall switch. In the ceiling there is 3 black wires connected together, 3 white together and a red. I didn't notice any other wires and evidently, wrongly assumed the red was a ground. I connected the fan black and blue to the ceiling black and...

I have black red White wire in the ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

I have black red and white wires in the ceiling and blue black white and green on the fan which do I hook up to which?

View more questions Search