Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gery Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Hydroxyapatite synthesis
    Hello everybody :) I hope you can help me!
    I'm doing a project on microwave synthesis of hydroxyapatite. If you have done something similar or you know where I can find some info or read any articles please write to me :)
    Thank you
    fluffybunny Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 05:41 AM
    I use sciencedirect.com a lot. If its to do with science, someone's published a journal on it for science direct! :)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Google has a scientific research search engine: Google Scholar

It's very useful when searching for leads.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2007, 03:40 PM
    If the above resources fail you, go to your university library and ask for the reference dept to help you with chem abstracts searches.

If you are doing research or working on a project for an advanced lab class, often a search of the primary literature is a great idea. It can be hard to muddle through at first, but the more you read the primary lit, the better you'll be... not to mention it helps with testing skills for things like the subject GRE's, MCAT's, at least in my opinion... if you are going into science, it's a good thing to keep in mind. The downside is that the above searches are sometimes faster and more convenient than abstracts...

Also, there are restrictions on use of the abstracts sometimes. The univ where I taught had students talk to the reference librarian about what they wanted and then they arranged for a time to meet and do the search together, as it costs the univ $ for the time spent.

But if you ask for a search with keywords "hydroxyapatite synthesis preparation microwave" you'll probably get some hits. Then you go to the journal and copy the articles.

I know... a trip to a library with books... so last century. Sometimes it'll give you exactly what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search