Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Jun 9, 2011, 08:47 AM
    What the six steps of the scientific method?
    Scientific mehtod steps
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2011, 08:50 AM
    In science one does a lot of reading and researching.
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jun 9, 2011, 02:12 PM
    http://tinyurl.com/5sngj9q
    DragonRider11 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 04:20 PM
    1. Observation-- state problems, identify questions, research about issue
    2. Hypothesis-- possible explanation or answer based on prior knowledge and research, not based on experimental evidence
    3. Prediction-- specific statement concerning outcome or experiment ('if, then' format)
    4. Experiment-- groups- experimental: experience change... control: don't experience change, are compared to experimentals... variables- independent: what changes (only one per experiment)... dependent: measured part of experiment... controlled: everything is kept the same between all groups... uncontrolled: reliable--have only one independent variable and consistent results--valid: experiment topic matches hypothesis
    5. Results-- collect, organize, analyze data
    6. Conclusion-- summarize findings, application, error identification, cannot prove a hypothesis to be true, only provide supporting evidence... hypothesis can lead to a theory with enough evidence, and a theory can lead to a law after a load of experiments and no alternate explanations

Sep 29, 2011, 06:54 AM
    Thanks DragonRider. Unfortunately your response will probably fall on deaf ears (so to speak). If the original poster was so lazy they couldn't be bothered to do a simple Google search, I doubt they'll ever come back here to check for answers. :)

Sep 29, 2011, 04:41 PM
    Yeah. Although, the main reason I answered it was because I had a big Bio test today... the teacher actually said that the majority flunked the test, so I figured that at least a C or B was worth a try. Good practice, eh?

Sep 29, 2011, 05:53 PM
    Lol. Good thinking.
    catharceo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 07:50 PM
    The six steps of scientific methods are asking questions, form a hypothesis, test the hypothesis, analyze the results, draw a conclusion and communicate the results

Sep 29, 2011, 08:25 PM
    Catharceo, please read the rules of this forum! The red disagree/unhelpful feedback button is for answers which are FACTUALLY INCORRECT ONLY, not just for answers you didn't like. Those feedback buttons impact the reputation of those who post here and can affect one's status as an expert in a particular subject. Thanks to you, my reputation score has now been decreased. And furthermore, DragonRider's reputation has as well. All DragonRider did is answer the question and post a simple reply to me. You had no reason to give negative feedback for either answer, but especially not to DragonRider.

@Dragonrider, I gave you positive feedback to offset Catharceo's bogus negative feedback.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 01:39 AM
    Unfortunately, Josh, with the new things changed on AMHD, the rules are no longer the same and members can rate an answer if they find it helpful or not, to their own discretion. For instance, I cannot say who gave you the reddie because of the new anonymous rating system.

Along with that came other changes, many not good, so to say. Some members left the site because of this, others got banned because they didn't want to stop being blunt when they felt like they had to and a lot of other stuff.

You can have a glimpse of the recent arguments here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/active-members/

Sorry DragonRider11, you won't be able to go to that link because it requires that you have at least 200 posts :(

Sep 30, 2011, 05:15 AM
    Thanks Jerry! I hadn't realized that, but I did notice that all the feedback seemed to be anonymous all of a sudden. Now I know why. :)

Sep 30, 2011, 02:03 PM
    Thanks 008.
    I'm completely new to this, so I try to keep up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are the steps in the scientific method [ 7 Answers ]

I have a quiz over the scientific method tomorrow,my teacher told me to study the steps and what they mean... I didn't pay much attention in class when reviewing please help.

Steps of Scientific method [ 3 Answers ]

:p hello everyone.. I need some help..! Can I ask the seven steps of the scientific method ant its definition.. PLEASE publish and reply to my account ASAP!!

Steps of the Scientific Method [ 2 Answers ]

I am taking a Biology class in high school and need to know the steps of the scientific method. I am looking on the internet but there are all different steps mixing me up. Can you help me?

Six Steps of Scientific Method [ 6 Answers ]

What are the six steps of the scientific method?

View more questions Search