Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Cold storage tank problem
    I keep getting an orange sludge in the cold water tank, which restricts the cold water flow into my power shower. Where is the sludge coming from and how do I stop it
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 28, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Pump or city water? Tom
    megane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by megane
    I keep getting an orange sludge in the cold water tank, which restricts the cold water flow into my power shower. Where is the sludge coming from and how do I stop it
    City water
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 08:03 PM
    A cold water tank requires monthly maintenance.

The orange sludge is likely the result of algae bloom.

Consult the tank manufacturer for an appropriate maintenance schedule and procedure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water venting into cold water tank [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I posted my query here a while back but unfortunately it appears to have been left to fester :confused: (query was hot water from cold water tap). After a couple more visits by a plumber, his view is that the hot water tank is overheating, venting hot water into the cold water tank at the...

New well tank problem [ 12 Answers ]

I just installed a new Wellsaver LPT20 tank in my basement for my water system. Initially worked fine, still works great until we try to do two loads of laundry in a row. At the second load when the water pressure in the tank drops down to the cut off pressure, the switch doesn't activate to turn...

Cold water tank in the bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Is it allowed for me to relocate my cold & hot water tanks into the bathroom, creating a airing cuboard. This is mainly to allow needed space for my loft conversion. I live in a semi detached Bungalow. Thanks Mark

Cold Water Tank [ 1 Answers ]

Help! The ball-valve on my cold water tank never completely closes, so water is constantly running into the tank. The tank should logically overflow because the water does not stop completely, but it doesn't. I have replaced the ball valve and the problem still exists. Turns out the cold...

Hot water entering cold tank [ 11 Answers ]

The cold tank was overflowing. I changed the diaphragm valve, but the tank still overflowed. I then noticed that water was entering the cold water tank from the hot tank feed! The water in the cold tank was tepid and not cold! Time to call in the plumber! The plumber noticed that even when...

View more questions Search