Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilsa13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 05:40 PM
    You analyze a sample of seawater weighting 630 grams.
    You analyze a sample of seawater weighting 630 grams. You find that it contains 22 grams of salt and 608 grams of H2O. What percent of seawater is salt>?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jun 9, 2011, 02:15 PM
    If you want to know the percentage (by mass) of a substance, you divide the mass of the substance in question (salt in this case) by the total mass of the original sample (the seawater), then multiply by 100.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should grams of splenda be included in the 40 grams per day of sugar ? [ 7 Answers ]

I need to reduce my sugar intake. Do splenda grams count toward the 40 grams of sugar per day ? Thanks.

Seron 630 driver [ 5 Answers ]

I have been given a Seron 630 plotter but no disks to go with it. Can anyone help by either telling me where I can get one or can anyone supply one? Many thanks

How can I change 17mL of 2.4M KOH to sample of grams? [ 11 Answers ]

A sample of 0.72g of Al is reacted with 17mL 2.4M KOH. Which one is the limiting reagent? 2Al+2KOH+6H2O------------->2KAl(OH)4+3H2 I don't know how to find limiting reagent on this case.. I think I need to know sample gram of KOH... please help me how to find out sample gram of KOH.. ...

How can I wipe everything off my Dell Latitude 630? [ 12 Answers ]

If someone could tell me how I can wipe everything off my laptop and only install Windows XP or Vista I would be in great debt to them.. LOL! I am selling my laptop to a friend and I told her I would find everything out I could on getting rid of everything so she could start with it like new. Can I...

Mole to grams/grams to moles [ 2 Answers ]

I have no idea out to convert grams to moles I just don't get it... I need help please

View more questions Search