Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sasha111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 05:25 PM
    Alcohol urine tests?
    I drink 2 glasses of wine a night before dinner. How long should I wait before having a urine test?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2011, 06:15 PM

Of course it depends on the size of the wine glass and the alcohol content of the wine. A standard glass of wine is 5 oz and at 10% alcohol is considered one standard drink. If that fits the description then the ethanol content should be eliminated in about 3 hours. Double that for safety and 6 hours should be sufficient.

If the test is for EtG you should increase that time to 48 hours, to be safe.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 07:33 PM

Why are you taking the EtG?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to beat urine tests for alcohol [ 9 Answers ]

I became severely disabled in 2001. I take a lot of medication, some of which do not want me to drink alcohol. My Pain Management Dr. gives us urine tests, one for alcohol. How long before it shows up in a test? And, can I help it with diuretics if I want to drink the night before an 8:30 appt.

Are there any urine tests that can detect longer than an ETG for alcohol? [ 12 Answers ]

Does the ETG urine test have the longest window of detection period for alcohol or are there any urine tests that are more advanced? If there are more advanced tests how common are they?

How long will alcohol take to leave my urine for a urine analysis? [ 19 Answers ]

Last night between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I consumed about Four 80 Proof shots mixed with orange juice. Today I took urine analysis at 3:00 PM, approximately 16 hours after my last drink. I weigh 150 pounds and am about 5'11''. Do you think there will still be alcohol content?

Alcohol in urine tests [ 3 Answers ]

If I drink a whole bottle of wine containing 12% ALCOHOL BY VOLUME, approximately how long will it take to completely leave my urinary track?

Blood tests or urine tests? [ 2 Answers ]

I usually have irregular periods. They sometimes come every month, and sometimes a/f doesn't come but every other month. I have never gone three months without a/f. I took 4 pregnant. Tests. All urine home pregnancy tests. They all came out negative. I am wondering if I take a blood test, can...

View more questions Search