Ask
    cigarman1945 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 12:56 PM
    Jumper safety switches
    How do I jumper the brake satety and seat swith? Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 03:12 PM

Are we to assume this is a lawn tractor or what? Brand and model would help since some safety switches are intended to be open when you are seated while others are closed. If you have a continuity tester you can test the switch with the two leads, sitting and then sitting should show open and then closed or vice cersa
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2011, 07:27 PM

I am a certified small engine mechanic .
    I'm not allowed to do this maybe some else can help you .
    I would recommend to repair them.
    Luck
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 8, 2011, 07:46 PM

Good point DG. My directions should help you determine if your switch is bad or not. I too am not feeling comfortable helping you jumper them since they are safety switches. Test them and replace one or both, they are fairly cheap

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to check safety switches Murray [ 1 Answers ]

Don't know how to check safety switches on Murray 17.5 rid. Mower. Batt fine. Sol. sw. fine. Starter fine. Fuse fine. Cleaned all term. Air blasted all saf. sw. plugs. Still nothing when key is turned. Will jump start. Don't really want to start trying to bypass all of them. I know where they are,...

Craftsman LT1000 safety switches [ 4 Answers ]

What excatly do the safety switches do? I have a Craftsman LT 1000 with a 17.5 hp engine and it states in the manual that there are three switches. Do they take power off the fuel shutoff solenoid or shut the spark off to the spark plug?

Safety switches are unhooked [ 2 Answers ]

All the safety switches have been bypassed and I need the wiring diagram to locate the main safety block.

L 110 Safety Switches [ 2 Answers ]

How can I disable the safety switch in my seat?

Murray safety switches [ 2 Answers ]

Murray 12 hp 30" rider model # 30577x8a I have brand new solinoid and ignition switch, and cleaned the ign switch wiring harness. Still nothing when key is turned. Battery is fine. Must be safety switches? How do I get to each and either fix or bypass them? Pictures would be nice. Thanks.

View more questions Search